'19 GA DT Jalar Holley

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
ba513af5151afeac57b0055571aeaf41.png

Rivals
HUDL

Vols offered

three-star junior defensive tackle jalar holley of buford (ga.) high school told govols247 on tuesday that he's planning to visit tennessee on saturday to attend the vols' first junior day of the year.

The 6-foot-2, 280-pound holley said it will be his first visit to tennessee. He received a scholarship offer from the vols in late january.

He holds offers from at least 15 schools, including auburn, florida, arkansas, kentucky, georgia tech, louisville, michigan state, n.c. State, nebraska and virginia tech.

He's ranked the no. 700 overall prospect and no. 44 defensive tackle in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

[twitter]970334465754062848[/twitter]

Passed the wide-load test.

I understand that the training & development is clearly better than ever before, but I still can't believe some of these kids. They look like they could play in college while they're only Juniors in highschool. Remarkable. May be why there is so much pressure on guys to come in and dominate early on. And some apparently don't hold up so well under the strain. But since they already look the part we expect the world of them from day one. And if they aren't special we may have already "recruited over" them by day two. Just a thought.

I understand that the training & development is clearly better than ever before, but I still can't believe some of these kids. They look like they could play in college while they're only Juniors in highschool. Remarkable. May be why there is so much pressure on guys to come in and dominate early on. And some apparently don't hold up so well under the strain. But since they already look the part we expect the world of them from day one. And if they aren't special we may have already "recruited over" them by day two. Just a thought.

All very valid points. That's why I try not to bash any of these kids although I can't help it sometimes when they mess up in games. :)

holley said he was interested in tennessee and planning to visit the vols after drawing interest from them for weeks and getting an offer from them on jan. 25. And he was even more intrigued after his teammate, three-star defensive end ahmad craig, traveled to tennessee on feb. 24 for a junior day and came away impressed. The 6-foot-2, 280-pound holley said his first look at the vols easily lived up to the hype. “i know ahmad was up there the week before, and he told me he really enjoyed it. And his words were true. It was a real great experience,” said holley.

After the visit, they definitely went up on my list — definitely went up. They were pretty high going into it, because of the daily conversations and the relationship that we’d built. I definitely will be back up there for practice.” holley said “the love, the conversations, really, and the culture” at tennessee under new coach jeremy pruitt’s staff stood out most to him while he was there.

“i liked how honest the coaches were and how they ran things, their schedule,” holley said. “they kind of taught me what i needed to work on, as far as being a better player. And they weren’t kind of, like, telling me the ways to get to tennessee. They were kind of inspiring me to choose the best school for me. They want the best for me.”

pruitt and rocker both made good first impressions on holley. “he was a really calm coach,” holley said of pruitt. “he really knew what he was doing. I like his plans for tennessee, and he told me that place is real special. All those coaches, i guess they’ve been together before, so it’s like they’re all family. And he was kind of, like, being honest with me and telling me how he felt. “(rocker is) sharp. If it’s good, it’s good. If it’s not, it’s not. He’s straight to it, so i picked up on that.”

craig visited tennessee for the first time just a week before holley’s trip to knoxville, and holley said he already has spoken with craig about their shared interest in the vols. “me and him, we talked about it,” holley said, referring to craig. “he was like, ‘really consider tennessee, because that’s a great program.’ he said, ‘you never know. We might go there together,’ so we definitely had that conversation. “i know we want to come up there and spend time with the players one weekend. That was definitely on our to-do list.”

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back