35 Isaac Taylor-Stuart
74 JJ Peterson
98 Jacob Copeland
112 Greg Emerson
114 Tra'Shaun Harrison
190 Jordan Young
222 Malik Langham

Reactions: 5 people
Most of the top talent signed during the ESP(brilliant deduction?) . Pruitt & Co have us contending for the remaining cream the crop and some have scheduled OVs. :thumbsup:

Notice how Cade Mays went to 61.

he will be a project, think Charles mosely ish, way big right now and will have to drastically improve his strength and footwork to be able to play at an elite level. If you haven't seen the article on it or watched it online, watch the Soddy Daisy playoff game that Catholic played in, he got destroyed all night by a DE that weighed around 250-260lbs. He is very big, but very very slow, too slow for a SEC OT. Not a big deal we didn't land him, but not good he went to rival. That is the stinger with that one, allows UGA coaches to build a good relationship with a knox co HS.

Reactions: 1 person
Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields each have a rating of 101. I had to look at previous years to see if they just thought these two players were both generational talents. It appears that their scale has always gone over 100. Walker Little, last year's number one, actually had a rating of 103. I just never noticed since I always look at their composite rankings. I know that any such player rating is rather arbitrary, but seriously, what in the hell is the point of that?

he will be a project, think Charles mosely ish, way big right now and will have to drastically improve his strength and footwork to be able to play at an elite level. If you haven't seen the article on it or watched it online, watch the Soddy Daisy playoff game that Catholic played in, he got destroyed all night by a DE that weighed around 250-260lbs. He is very big, but very very slow, too slow for a SEC OT. Not a big deal we didn't land him, but not good he went to rival. That is the stinger with that one, allows UGA coaches to build a good relationship with a knox co HS.

Sure thing buddy. However you justify disappointment is your own.

Attachments

• sure.gif
    sure.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 815
Reactions: 3 people
Man, we have a legitimate shot at signing five of those guys (already have two). Walker, Griffin, and Langham.

Honestly, I think we get at least two of the aforementioned. Recruiting is fun again.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't believe that AT is at 278

It's kind of silly, IMO.

How can you have that much movement up or down, for any respective recruit? Just based off of the UA or Army AA game?

I think David Johnson is going to turn Alontae into a star. We'll see flashes of talent his first year or two, but give him three years of strict WR coaching from Johnson, and this kid will blow up.

Butch needed Cade Mays for the offense he was hoping to put together.
Jeremy Pruitt doesn't.
So, I don't feel so bad a about losing him to GA.

31 Quay Walker
33 Olaijah Griffin
35 Isaac Taylor-Stuart
74 JJ Peterson
98 Jacob Copeland
112 Greg Emerson
114 Tra'Shaun Harrison
190 Jordan Young
222 Malik Langham

Fron an article I read today JJ is not a sure thing until we get his name on the dotted line. However, it could have been an old article.....Are we absolutely sure we have JJ ??

You didn't get the memo? 247Sports is no longer a source we should care about since they are gating EVERYTHING. Back to VolQuest.

As far as Vol Signees, Commitments and key prospective targets, here is the 2/47 Sports Final Rankings for the 2018 Class (their own rankings, not a composite). I realize that one, even two of the commitments may not actually still be at present time, but listing until official:

Secondary/High School:
NATL RK 31 Quay Walker POS OLB RK 3
NATL RK 33 Olaijah Griffin POS CB RK 4
NATL RK 35 Isaac Taylor-Stuart POS CB RK 5
NATL RK 74 JJ Peterson POS OLB RK 8 (Committed)
NATL RK 98 Jacob Copeland POS WR RK 13
NATL RK 100 Coynis Miller POS DT RK 8
NATL RK 112 Greg Emerson POS DT RK 10 (Signed)
NATL RK 114 Tra'Shaun Harrison POS ATH RK 4
NATL RK 190 Jordan Young POS WR RK 27
NATL RK 200 Taiyon Palmer POS CB RK 19
NATL RK 222 Malik Langham POS SDE RK 9
NATL RK 268 Dylan Wonnum POS OT RK 21
NATL RK 277 Caleb Tannor POS WDE RK 18
NATL RK 278 Alontae Taylor POS WR RK 47 (Signed)
NATL RK 284 Warren Thompson POS WR RK 48
NATL RK 307 Solomon Enis POS WR RK 52
NATL RK 357 Antoine Green POS WR RK 58
NATL RK 370 Jerome Carvin POS OT RK 27 (Signed)
NATL RK 379 D'Andre Litaker POS DR RK 29 (Committed)
NATL RK 399 Anthony Grant POS RB RK 16 (Committed)
NATL RK 407 Brant Lawless POS DT RK 30 (Signed)
NATL RK 480 Eddie Smith POS CB RK 41
NATL RK 509 Glenn Beal POS TE RK 20
NATL RK 629 Nikko Hall POS S RK 51
NATL RK 630 Ollie Lane POS OG RK 29 (Signed)
NATL RK 639 Michael Williams POS ATH RK 54
NATL RK 654 Tanner Antonutti POS OT RK 49 (Signed)
NATL RK 851 John Mincey POS SDE RK 33
NATL RK 978 Jacob Warren POS TE RK 44
NATL RK 1048 Jeremy Banks POS RB RK 65 (Signed)
NATL RK 1095 JT Shrout POS PRO QB 36 (Signed)
NATL RK 1144 Kingston Harris POS DT RK 71 (Signed)
NATL RK 3027 Paxton Brooks POS K RK 17 (Signed)

JUCO:
NATL RK 8 Dominick Wood-Anderson POS TE RK 1 (Signed)
NATL RK 15 Jahmir Johnson POS OT RK 2 (Signed)
NATL RK 20 Jordan Allen POS WDE RK 2 (Signed)
NATL RK 32 Johncarlo Valentin POS OG RK 1
NATL RK 36 Emmit Gooden POS DT RK 10

HoleInTheRoof, I'm not trying to show up your initial list, I just made this elsewhere and figured I'd post it here since it's a full-on of most the remaining targets as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back