'20 AL ATH Kristian Story (Alabama Commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
4_5274304.jpg

6'2" 196lbs
CLASS OF 20
Lanett, AL
(Lanett)

HUDL

Last edited:
Story (6-foot-2, 200 pounds) has already been on a tour of some of the biggest schools in the nation - Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and Georgia among them.

"It's been kind of crazy already," he said. "I never wanted my parents to have to pay for my school. The more I visit different places, the more special it becomes."

A lot of schools are recruiting Story as an athlete, possibly a wide receiver or defensive back. He said Friday it doesn't matter where he plays.

"I just want to get on the field," he said.

By Ben Thomas, bthomas@al.com
Link

Reactions: 1 person
four-star class of 2020 athlete kristian story of lanett (ala.) high school announced thursday night that he has committed to tennessee.

"i am committed to the university of tennessee #govols #2thet0p," he tweeted.

The 6-foot-2, 196-pound story chose the vols over scholarship offers from alabama, georgia, mississippi state, louisville and jacksonville state, giving new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt's staff its first commitment for the 2020 class.

Story made his decision known while visiting the vols on thursday for the second time this month. He also attended tennessee's junior day on march 3 after getting an offer from the vols in january.

He's ranked by 247sports as the no. 96 overall prospect and no. 6 athlete in the 2020 class.

Just off the phone with Kristian story...

He is obviously excited. His dad played for Charles Kelly at Jacksonville State. Vols recruiting him as an athlete. Loved the family feel here. Story to come.

- Price

Reactions: 9 people
Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee just picked up its first commitment for 2020 and it came from one of the top playmakers in the country. Lanett (Ala.) sophomore Kristian Story led his team to a state title late in 2017 and early in 2018, he commits to the Vols.

"I’ve been knowing it was Tennessee since the beginning of this month," said Story. "I am at Tennessee now and this was my second visit. I was there March 3 for Junior Day too. "Coach Pruitt and his entire staff came out and congratulated me as soon as I committed and they were so excited."

Story is a 6-foot-2, 198 pound athlete who plays quarterback for his team. He had 3,312 passing yards and 42 passing touchdowns. He added 902 rushing yards rushing. If that was enough, he wad 30 tackles and three interceptions on defense.

Tennessee coaches told him he can play "anywhere" he wants. His decision came early — much earlier than many expected, but he felt it was the right time for him.

"It feels great to be a part of the Vol family. The love they show and how everyone there is so close — and it’s like a family. "I felt as if I was already a part of the family and when my parents were comfortable with me there I didn’t see a point in waiting."

Pruitt has lit a fire in Knoxville and he's been a part of numerous programs in recent years. Story thinks he can get Tennessee back to where it wants to be. "I see coach Pruitt getting Tennessee back to the level they were once at and he has so much great support behind him," said Story.

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

Last edited:
tennessee has aggressively targeted the yellowhammer state since jeremy pruitt took over on rocky top, and the vols hope they landed the first of many dominos thursday from alabama. Lanett (ala.) athlete kristian story committed to tennessee while on his second visit in the last three weeks, as one of the top prospects in the 2020 class picked the vols over offers from alabama, auburn, georgia, and louisville.

“junior day really opened my eyes. I feel in love with it at junior day,” story told volquest. “it was good to visit again (today). When my mom was on board, that was (it). When she was ready, i knew i was ready.”

story, who plays quarterback and safety for lanett, is a 4-star prospect with the skill-set to play on either side of the ball. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound prospect scored 50 touchdowns and added three interceptions to lead the panthers to a state title last fall. Tennessee is recruiting him strictly as an athlete, with story saying, “i think my most valuable asset is my versatility. I can play quarterback, receiver, db. Really whatever your need is, i can play. Tennessee said i can play whatever i want.”

“i really love the vibe i get up here. It’s a family vibe. I love being around my family, so if you make me feel like family i’m going to make a good transition to you,” he said. “i’ve been with coach kelly for a while now. He coached my dad in college, so that relationship has already been building. When i had the family feeling there, i don’t think nobody can take that away tennessee.”

“pruitt was excited,” story said when he committed.“he went back to tell the rest of the coaching staff and they all came out of the (meeting room) and came out and congratulated me. I could hear their cheering when (he told them). “knowing that kelly coached my dad and now he’s going to coach me. It was special.”story knows home state schools alabama and auburn will continue to come calling, but said neither program has the relationships he has at tennessee. He even joked that he didn’t really like pruitt at alabama, but believes in ut’s new head coach. “when he was at alabama and i was being recruited by them, i thought he was a mean guy.

But he really isn’t,” story said. “he’s laid back. I didn’t know that until i sat down and talked with him. … i see coach pruitt getting tennessee back.”moving forward, story plans to put on his recruiting hat for the vols. He was in town with several other top alabama prospects thursday, including corner malachi moore and wideout dazalin worsham. “i’m going to be on it,” he said. “the coaching staff, the facilities are second to none, but really it’s a family vibe there.”

- vq

Here's one quote that didn't make the piece:
"I like DB because I like the physicality of defense. I like quarterback, too, because quarterbacks run the show. And I like running the show."

- Simonton

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back