19' MS DE Nathan Pickering

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
1a5d547c4eb024f0880bbaf4fd93a255.png

Rivals

[twitter]https://twitter.com/TheRealNathanJr/status/953065299397566464[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
Whooohooo! Good gracious! This recruiting board is lighting up so fast, that I can’t even calm down with goosebumps...

Seminary is in South Mississippi away from the big pressure to stay in-state like some other schools. Not an automatic MSU or OM lean by birth like in some towns.

“Tennessee was just the second offer for four star defensive end Nathan Pickering as the previous staff extended an offer to the Mississippi native last June.

Since then, the nations No. 34 overall player according to 247 Sports, has received offers from over 20 schools, and he is hearing from schools across the country every day.

Despite a new staff in Knoxville, a prior relationship with Running Back Coach Robert Gillespie keeps the Vols in the thick of things as Gillespie has been Pickering’s main point of contact since Day 1.

“I have always talked to Coach G,” Pickering said. “He is always coming down to the school.

“It was great [for Gillespie to stay on staff]. It shows that he is committed to believing in Tennessee and knowing they can do something. It shows how badly he wants to take Tennessee to the next level and win a national championship.”

Pickering has also heard from Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt and a number of assistants as it appears Tennessee has made Pickering a top priority for 2019.

“They are great coaches and great people,” Pickering said of the Tennessee staff. “I look forward to taking that relationship and building on it.”

Tennessee continues to be one of the school’s Pickering is hearing from the most, but Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State are a few others making an early push for the 6’5″ 270 pound defensive end.

“A lot of Big 12 and Pac 12 schools are texting me as well,” Pickering said. “They are just trying to get me to get on campus for a visit.”

Pickering has taken two visits so far this winter seeing Mississippi State and Auburn, and he plans to visit Georgia and Clemson in the next few weeks. Pickering plans to visit Tennessee in the near future as well.

Despite the majority of schools Pickering is hearing from are in the southeast, distance will not be a factor in his recruitment. However, academics will play a big role as he plans to major in Mechanical Engineering.

“Mostly I am looking at academics,” Pickering said. “I am looking for a school that is going to push me and challenge me both on and off the field.

“Mississippi State has a great Engineering program. Texas A&M and Alabama do as well. When I went to an Alabama game, they actually let me meet with the Dean of the Engineering program.

“I talked to my parents about it, and they told me don’t let distance keep you from going to the school that fits you. Distance is not a factor.”

Pickering released a top list of schools earlier in his recruitment, but he felt it was too early for that and took the list down. Pickering says he plans to release another top group of finalists in late summer.

As of now, Pickering has no plans of rushing things and will likely sign and make a final decision on Signing Day in February 2019.

-Vol Recruiting Reports

Reactions: 2 people
Nathan Pickering - Hudl

I guess Seminary escaped the bigger schools like Hattiesburg, Petal, and Laurel. He should look like he’s throwing people around at that level.

He’s like a friggin brick wall.

Nathan Pickering

RANK
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
NATHAN
PICKERING
6'5" | 277 LBS | SDE
SEMINARY SCHOOL
SEMINARY, MS
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
has eliminated five more schools from his list.

On March 3, the 6-foot-5, 277 pound defensive end out of Seminary (Miss.) released his top 15 schools. Fast forward seven weeks and he is now down to 10 schools.

Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford and Tennessee have dropped off that list.

Rivals

[twitter]998752603843514372[/twitter]

**Check the time on these two**

[twitter]998753412144562176[/twitter]

[twitter]998789760092135424[/twitter]

And then dan harralson, seemingly apropos of nothing (who did a similar blurb about Lakai before he committed):

[twitter]998896319342301184[/twitter]

Hmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back