'18 GA DL Kurott Garland (Tennessee signee)

2017 stats:
125 tackles
12.5 sacks
1 INT
1 FF

2016 stats:
126 tackles
12 sacks
2 FF
2 FR

Reactions: 5 people
Those are some really good stats for a player that didn't make any top 250 lists for the state of Georgia from the big sites like 247, Rivals or the old Scout list. I did find him in on a local top 175 list for Northern Georgia.

Same school as the unranked receiver we offered as well.

Could these be PWO offers?

Somebody ask Hubbs what up with these two Heritage kids. Young's tape at WR vs his offer list do not match up at all.

After watching his film I love what he brings to the field. Very fast and aggressive off the ball, explosive first step. Very good speed and mobility for that size. I will admit I'm very surprised by his film. But this staff certainly knows talent. I would take this kid any day over Gooden. Not a knock on Gooden, different positions, but this kid is much faster and much more athletic.

Reactions: 1 person
Heritage is the HS I attended & played football for...although that was some time ago. I do know the level of competition is tough in their region. Conyers is a suburb about 25 miles east of Atlanta.

Her's hoping there will be a big diff in JP's three star commits and BJ's three stars.

Not to be a star gazer but I don’t see any stars or any ranking for this kid at all. Couldn’t find anything on 247 or rivals etc.

He's not in any. Weird because the kid is athletic, has size and mobility. I would not know what position he projects in a 3-4, but he brings it.

He's not in any. Weird because the kid is athletic, has size and mobility. I would not know what position he projects in a 3-4, but he brings it.

The kid can definitely play, there’s no question about that. He’s very good. This does raise the question on why he’s not ranked. Could be lack of promotion by his coach, maybe he didn’t camp anywhere, late bloomer, grade issues, or could be his attitude/personality. (Intangibles).

Last edited:
Yep, one of those, a combo of those, or all. Hard to say but it happens. Again, I'm shocked at his talent level from an explosion off the ball to mobility and speed. Apparently didn't go to combines because with that size, speed and skill set you are looking at a 4 star talent. Strange one indeed.

What kind of competition does he play against at Heritage?

I put this on the receiver's page but I live in Conyers and our high school football teams are ok out here. We've had 3 guys go to division 1 programs in the last 5 years. The competition level is ok, not great but not terrible either.

Yep, one of those, a combo of those, or all. Hard to say but it happens. Again, I'm shocked at his talent level from an explosion off the ball to mobility and speed. Apparently didn't go to combines because with that size, speed and skill set you are looking at a 4 star talent. Strange one indeed.

Ditto

If his coaches happen to ever look here, well done, kid is well coached fundamentally. Kid understands leverage, angles, squeezing down and setting the edge when outside. Always great to see a well coach kid and team.

VN Store

Back