Are we “set” on the OL?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
With what we have signed and committed so far? Looks like CJP is targeting defense and WR. How comfortable are we as fans with that?

Reactions: 2 people
I think with a Valentin commit the staff would've felt decent heading into spring....that hurt..

Lot of work to do to make this a big, physical team up front..

Reactions: 1 person
Surely to goodness no. We have 4 signed, 1 of which is a major, undersized project. We need all the help we can get. Imho, we won’t be “set” until we have Trey Smith + 4 OLs to join him who were recruited and signed by JP’s staff. If any Jones holdovers other than Smith are playing, we’re in trouble imo.

I believe they will look much improved with a new scheme. The last scheme was just too gimicky and complicated.

Reactions: 6 people
From a numbers-alone look, I would say no. Not sure if Pruitt would agree but it seems to me like any competitive SEC team today needs about 12-15 O linemen...same for D linemen. Ideally, you would play/rotate 8-10 and develop the others.

But that may be unrealistic, as it would mean that almost a third of your roster would be big nasties. I haven't taken the time to count all the linemen on SEC teams and average them up. And I won't.

Don't sleep on Tanner Antonutti. The super athletic 3 star from the midstate that understands power offenses. I hear he is one heck of a singer too.

Reactions: 6 people
Getting Hall back should be a boost. Smith and Hall are good but 3/5s of the o-line are still question marks. Hopefully the new offensive scheme can help cover up the issues of subpar play. Coaching has a lot to do with their play too.

From a numbers-alone look, I would say no. Not sure if Pruitt would agree but it seems to me like any competitive SEC team today needs about 12-15 O linemen...same for D linemen. Ideally, you would play/rotate 8-10 and develop the others.

But that may be unrealistic, as it would mean that almost a third of your roster would be big nasties. I haven't taken the time to count all the linemen on SEC teams and average them up. And I won't.

Not having enough linemen in the system was a major problem the last several years. Need to have enough linemen to develop to cover for injuries, early graduation, and players leaving.

Getting Hall back should be a boost. Smith and Hall are good but 3/5s of the o-line are still question marks. Hopefully the new offensive scheme can help cover up the issues of subpar play. Coaching has a lot to do with their play too.

Then why do we keep hearing that Hall may be done and on way to medical hardship,??

Don't sleep on Tanner Antonutti. The super athletic 3 star from the midstate that understands power offenses. I hear he is one heck of a singer too.

I hear he is a great singer especially in a duet; however, he lacks social skills, not a leader, and is a little inmature with no common sense.

With what we have signed and committed so far? Looks like CJP is targeting defense and WR. How comfortable are we as fans with that?

First of all, I believe they sign one, maybe two more O Line guys.

But how many returning DL guys do they have that could flip to O-Line? Considering that they will switch to the 3-4 this year, could we see perhaps Eric Crosby, Paul Bain or Alexis Johnson jump over to compete for playing time? All big bodied guys who could find themselves spending less time on the sidelines this year from the move.

Stop thinking you are chairman of the board fans. How comfortable you are isn't such a high effing priority anyway. So let Pruitt worry about who plays where, and go practice your wooing somewhere.

Then why do we keep hearing that Hall may be done and on way to medical hardship,??

I wasn't aware that is was a foregone conclusion that he was done. Just assuming he was coming back. Bigger blow than Boulware leaving and that sucked.

Because spring practice isn't here, and we haven't heard he is healthy and ready to do drills. I hope he makes it back healthy and whole because I think he has a future in the league. But if he takes a hardship, I doubt anyone will be shocked either. After losing Jack Jones and Charles Mosley pretty much in that same way, I feel like Tennessee needs to invest in crackless sidewalks. And a real honest to God faith healer.

He was supposed to have surgery and did not. Lots of speculation from those who follow program (media) that he will not play.

Hall is done, yes?

VN Store

Back