(St. Pius X)

247 Composite .9678

HUDL
RIVALS
ESPN

[twitter]

Last edited by a moderator:
jalen curry
2019 wr jalen curry (photo: Greg powers, 247sports)
the tennessee volunteers extended an offer thursday evening to 2019 four-star receiver jalen curry from houston st. Pius x.

Curry is one of the top receivers -- and overall prospects, regardless of position -- in the state of texas for the 2019 recruiting cycle.

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound curry owns an extensive offer list that includes schools such as arkansas, auburn, florida, georgia, lsu, miami, michigan, oklahoma, oregon, tcu, and texas a&m.

Curry committed in the summer to florida state, but re-opened his recruitment dec. 12, not long after jimbo fisher arrived at texas a&m. The aggies' new staff then re-offered curry the following week.

As a junior in 2017, curry posted huge numbers with 121 catches for 1,570 yards and 18 touchdowns in his first season at st. Pius x, where he teams with 2019 four-star quarterback grant gunnell, who is committed to texas a&m.

Prior to st. Pius x, curry played his freshman and sophomore seasons at stafford high school, which is on houston's southwest side.

The industry-generated 247sports composite ranks curry as the no. 13 receiver nationally and the no. 70 overall recruit in the 2019 recruiting class. The 247 sports composite also ranks curry as the no. 8 overall prospect in the state of texas' junior class.

With 15 predictions made for curry on the 247sports crystal ball, 80 percent have gone to texas a&m.

Reactions: 2 people
13th WR nationally. This staff isn't going after those they know they can get. They're going for those who they'll have to compete with the big boys for. I'm liking these offers that the new staff is putting out. They're going for top tier players.

Reactions: 1 person
OV on the 20th of April. Goes sees the Suckeyes the week before. Roll out that Orange Carpet CJP and YAC.

Needs to bring Gunnell with him or at least convince him that Tennessee is worth a long look.

Houston St. Pius X receiver Jalen “Boobie” Curry has seen his ranking fall as other prospects matured, but he is still a priority target. He’ll visit Ohio State April 13 and Tennessee on April 20. Curry said Ole Miss, Tennessee, Ohio State, and TCU are recruiting him hard. I’m interested in seeing how top-10 programs handle his recruitment and how long he’ll wait on them.

-SBnation

His recruitment will be interested. Apparently he was an early bloomer but hasn't progressed much

He's OVing btw

Last edited:
5 Visitors to watch at Tennessee's Spring Game

WR Jalen Curry

Curry, a top-100 player in the 247Sports Composite, is scheduled to travel to Tennessee this weekend on his first official visit. The four-star prospect from Houston doesn’t appear to be on the verge of choosing a school, so the decision to use an official visit this early is a calculated risk for the Vols. But getting him on campus this spring could make them more of a contender for Curry, a former Florida State commitment, in what still appears to be a fairly wide-open recruitment. Texas A&M is the favorite on the 247Sports Crystal Ball, but five teams have received predictions for him.

-Callahan

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
tennessee extended a scholarship offer to jalen curry in january, just a few days after one of his main recruiters at florida state, tino sunseri, joined new vols coach jeremy pruitt’s staff. Curry, a former florida state commitment, has maintained his strong relationship with sunseri despite the seminoles’ coaching change last year, and he has been intrigued by what he has heard from sunseri and tennessee over the past few months.

He’s now ready to take his first look at the vols. The four-star junior wide receiver from st. Pius x high school in houston said he’s planning to travel to tennessee this weekend on his first official visit, and while he never has been to knoxville, he said he’s already “very high” on the vols and eager to see what they have to offer.

“they’ve been coming at me very hard,” said curry, who’s ranked the no. 94 overall prospect and no. 19 wide receiver in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “i have a good relationship with the coaching staff. One of the coaches who just got there, tino sunseri, he was at florida state. I had a great relationship with him for a year-plus, and he’s been recruiting me hard still, so i’ve been hearing him out and everything. It’s always good to look into something.”

“i know a little bit about tennessee,” curry said. "the fan base is amazing. The stadium is beautiful, and i heard it’s a real good-looking college town, so i’ll have to go down there and see for myself what everybody’s been telling me about it. “i’m very high on them. I’ve just got to see how it is down there first. I’ve been building a great relationship with their whole coaching staff, and coach pruitt’s been talking with my family, as well, so that’s always good. They showed they really want me, so when i get down there, we’ll see where everything goes from there.”

“their offense, the coordinator’s been successful for many years, and great wide receivers have been in his offense before and been drafted highly and are doing good in the nfl, so that’s always good to see and know,” curry said. “they’ve been telling me that they need to get a big-time, fast, physical wide receiver on the outside to spread the ball out, and i’d have my opportunity to come in early and play early.”

he said he’s looking forward to “just really getting down there, getting to meet new people and seeing the tradition for myself” at tennessee. “i found out about the fan base on twitter, and everybody else has been telling me about it,” curry said. “i heard it’s a very, very good college town, and they’re very serious about tennessee. I’ve been seeing that lately.”

Reactions: 5 people
I would expect anyone to enjoy Knoxville visiting for the first time.

I know Nashville gets all the pup but Knoxville really is an awesome town. Chattanooga is as well. The thing that is cool about Knox is it has a little bit of everything. It’s got your commercial stuff Turkey Creek and West Knox. Then you can get to the college side of town then be in Market square. North And south Knox offer plenty of little hipster hangouts. Great breweries and all sorts of bike trails. Then in 30 min you can be in the mountains or on the lake.

I know Nashville gets all the pup but Knoxville really is an awesome town. Chattanooga is as well. The thing that is cool about Knox is it has a little bit of everything. It’s got your commercial stuff Turkey Creek and West Knox. Then you can get to the college side of town then be in Market square. North And south Knox offer plenty of little hipster hangouts. Great breweries and all sorts of bike trails. Then in 30 min you can be in the mountains or on the lake.

Nashville is great if you like heavy traffic and it’s getting worse every year. That place is growing at a pace that I’ve never seen before and not slowing down one bit.

Nashville is great if you like heavy traffic and it’s getting worse every year. That place is growing at a pace that I’ve never seen before and not slowing down one bit.

Austin is the same way. I've been here 9 years and it feels like its doubled the population. Their plan to help traffic is to add bike lanes. Stupid lance Armstrong.

VN Store

Back