3348 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Page 218. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old Today, 10:19 AM   #3256
BigZiti09
Sheep

Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV
Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols4us View Post
Agree on everything y'all posted. Nobody could get that through the hard heads of the key supporters and administrators though.

As soon as ND started using the zone I told my wife it was over. She laughed and said they still have a big lead. I told her to just keep watching. I was smart enough not to rub it in.

Any person in charge that could not take from that proof over years of games that a change needs to be made to protect the LV legacy of great basketball needs to fired unless that is their plan - to deemphasize the program. It's UT and the LV's legacy - not Pat's legacy. She left with a great legacy, but she is no longer with us. The LV's are. Same in the football program. It took embarrassing disasters for over a decade and backing into asking a loyal Fulmer to take over to hopefully fix football. It should not have come to that, but it does because of the complete failures of leaders that have the authority there.

Boom.

We've got way too many people over there interested in maximizing profit, building buildings and self preservation. We should be focused on winning championships.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #3257
Jimmy Football
The Original

Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV
Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Vol View Post
Pat handpicked Holly as her successor because she thought Holly had earned the chance and she thought she was leaving the program in good hands. And in some ways, she did. But being a HC is a tough job, and not everybody can do it. Holly answered almost every question in last night's presser with "I don't know." She doesn't know how to fix the team's problems. And that's an even bigger problem.
A. Fixing turnovers requires a cultural change, and it MUST come from the top. You have to be tough on players that don't value the basketball. I don't think Holly can fix this becuase I don't think that sort of tough love is part of her personality. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't believe that I am.

B. Not being able to attack zones is inexcusable, though. You can hire assistants that will help in this regard. Also, there's a myriad of info out there to help you develop effective zone-busting strategies. She may know all of this, but it's not translating to the court, and that's just as big a problem as not knowing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #3258
LA Vol

Not many people in the tower focused on winning championships. That's only trotted out on media days to keep the natives from getting too restless.
Reply With Quote TOP