6'4" 290lbs
Katy, TX

247 Composite: .8628

HUDL
Rivals

REMOVE ALL PARTS OF THE LINK EXCEPT THE 18 DIGIT TWEET ID
--------------------/otitoogbonnia12/status/948319958844440579[/twitter]

Reactions: 1 person
I wondered why this guy was blowing up. True nose with a big frame. Just needs to fill out.

Thanks for posting this. I was pleasantly surprised by the talent this young man has. He’s strong, quick, agile and makes tackles with authority. Notice his bull rush against guys his own size....he’s dominant. Hope we get this young man, he’s really good.

Tennessee also offered defensive tackle Otito Ogbonnia from Katy, Texas, last week. The staff likes him and its pursuit of him might heat up after the McKenzie announcement.

Ogbonnia isn’t nearly as highly sought-after as Miller. He’d be more of a project, but he does have offers from Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Nebraska and Texas Tech, so there are Power 5 schools after him.

What is appealing about Ogbonnia is his familiarity with the 3-4 defense. He played in that scheme in high school, and with his 6-4, 290-pound size he could theoretically fit in early if he shows he’s strong enough.

Tennessee has laid the groundwork for these two prospects at defensive tackle. There is more interest in Miller, but he’s more of a longshot.

Look for Tennessee to extend a few more offers in the coming days. It might look into the junior college ranks to fill this need quickly.

— SEC Country

Reactions: 2 people
Has anyone watched his highlights? I know he is a big dude but he looks slow as heck. He wasn't very dominate at all, but I will let JP make his final decision.

three-star senior defensive tackle otito ogbonnia of taylor high school in katy, texas, told 247sports' brian perroni on thursday night that he's scheduled to take an official visit to tennessee next weekend.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound ogbonnia received a scholarship offer from new vols coach jeremy pruitt's staff on jan. 2. He also has added offers from notre dame, nebraska, ucla, virginia and oklahoma state since early december.

Ogbonnia, who holds offers from more than 10 schools, went on an official visit to ole miss in november.

He's ranked the no. 748 overall prospect and no. 53 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2018 class.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back