CONCORD, CA
CLASS OF 2019

Isaiah Foskey, De La Salle, Tight End

Rivals.com

Isaiah Foskey - Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
a spring-break trip to the east coast this week has given isaiah foskey an opportunity to take his first look at a handful of schools farther from home. He decided to include a stop at tennessee. The four-star junior tight end from de la salle high school in concord, calif., visited the vols on wednesday in the middle of a weeklong trip that also has included trips to georgia, clemson, ohio state and penn state, and he said tennessee made a good first impression on him.

“i’ve been talking to coach simon and (tight ends) coach (brian) niedermeyer, and i just like the relationship that i have with them,” said foskey, who’s ranked the no. 145 overall prospect and no. 4 tight end in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “and i know a little bit about tennessee. Plus, coach simon is a de la salle alumni, and my head coach, coach (justin) alumbaugh, said he was one of, like, the best players ever to come to de la salle. So i was like, let me just check them out and see what they’re doing up there, and i like what they’re doing up there.”

“i liked their indoor football facility and how everything is so close together, with the football aspect of it, and how the coaches’ rooms are,” foskey said. “when i first got there, they gave me the tour. I felt like you could just go back and know where everything is at right now. I like how that’s all set up.” foskey admitted tennessee’s facilities “caught me off guard.” he said he was particularly impressed by neyland stadium “and the indoor football facility.” “that was the third campus i had seen on my trip, and that caught me off guard,” he said. “i haven’t been to a lot of colleges like this.”

pruitt, who was hired in december, talked with foskey about his ongoing efforts to get tennessee back on track. “he was just saying he’s trying to build up the program, and having me be there, that’s just something that would help them build the program,” foskey said of pruitt. “it’s just a program that everyone wants to go to — a high, powerful program.” foskey said he starts “on both sides of the ball” at de la salle, and while he’s being recruited by most teams as a tight end — and would prefer to play there in college — he said pruitt expressed some interest in perhaps playing him on either side of the ball. “he just wants me to go there, either at tight end or defensive end,” foskey said of pruitt.

The chance to be part of tennessee’s rebuilding efforts, foskey said, is one of the main reasons he’s interested in the vols. “i’m interested in the way they’re trying to build the program back up and how coach pruitt was describing how he’s trying to build the program back up,” foskey said. “that’s what interests me the most.”

with offers from nearly 30 schools under his belt, foskey said he doesn’t expect to decide on a college until “close to signing day or on signing day.” he has yet to plan any of his other four official visits, but he said there’s “probably going to be some more in the summer.” while he said he doesn’t have any favorites “right now,” he didn’t rule out that he could return to tennessee at some point. “it might be too early to say,” foskey said. “but i feel like i’ll be able to come back up there.”

Reactions: 3 people
concord (calif.) de la salle tight end isaiah foskey completed a whirlwind trip of school visits, checking out programs from four power five conferences. Foskey hit up programs in the acc, big ten, pac-12 and the sec.

"i went to georgia, clemson, tennessee, ohio state and washington," said foskey. Foskey had rave reviews from the visits.

Georgia: "at georgia, i met with coach (jim) chaney. What i liked about georgia was coach chaney. He was real straight forward with me which i like.

Clemson: "at clemson, i met with coach (tyler) grisham. With clemson, i like their whole entire football facility. There academics were really impressive as well."

tennessee: "at tennessee, i met with coach (kevin) simon (a de la salle product like foskey), coach (brett) niedermeyer and coach (jeremy) pruitt. I liked tennessee’s football facility as well. I was with coach simon most of the time. He is good people."

ohio state: "at ohio state, i met with coach (kevin) wilson and coach (urban) meyer. Ohio state was a different type of unofficial visit i’ve been on. I was able to watch a presentation with the football team and talk to coach meyer a couple of times. Coach meyer's mentality is what i like a lot. He loves his players and want them to succeed after football but he wants the national championship just like me.

Washington: "at washington, i met with coach (jordan) paopao and coach (chris) petersen. I was up there last summer and i wasn’t able to see their practice because it was on a day they didn’t have practice, but this time around was different. I was able to see them practice and see their spring game. I like how they use their tight ends in their pro-style offense."

from the visits, three of those schools are sticking out to foskey. "the schools that are standing out right now out of the visits i took are washington, clemson and ohio state," said foskey.

VN Store

Back