FRANKLIN ROAD ACADEMY
NASHVILLE, TN
CLASS OF 2019

Vols offered 12-20-17

Rivals.com

Tymon Mitchell, Franklin Road Academy, Defensive Tackle

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
Solid pickup if we can get him and will probably be a 4* his Sr year. Own the state Coach Pruitt!! Lock it down and keep our talent from going to Clemson, Georgia, Alabama and Ole Miss.

Good lord. What are y’all putting in the water in Tennessee now? Where are all these beasts coming from?

State of Tennessee is now a power when it comes to producing talent. Only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California are better. We have surpassed states like Louisiana, Alabama, and Ohio already.

State of Tennessee is now a power when it comes to producing talent. Only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California are better. We have surpassed states like Louisiana, Alabama, and Ohio already.

Only problem is West TN kids are closer to Bammer, Ole Miss, MS State, Arkansas and maybe LSU than to Knoxville.

Only problem is West TN kids are closer to Bammer, Ole Miss, MS State, Arkansas and maybe LSU than to Knoxville.

Hate this defeatist thinking.

They are still kids from Tennessee. There is a pride that comes with representing your state. Even if you live on the other side of the state.

4_4888854.jpg

TYMON MITCHELL
6'3" | 285 LBS | DT
FRANKLIN ROAD ACADEMY
NASHVILLE, TN
CLASS OF 2019

Vols offered 12-20-17

Rivals.com

Tymon Mitchell, Franklin Road Academy, Defensive Tackle

I coached him in 5&6th grade at FRA...While he has grown and become more aggressive, I see Ty as a center or guard on offense. He’s big and pretty mean but he is perfectly suited for offense, very intelligent kid. Hope he continues to work and earn more praise, he’s a very good kid. Coached lance wilhoite as well, same teams...he’s a great athlete and had a sour attitude but over the past few years he’s really grown up. I’ve seen him a dozen times over the years and a few times in Knoxville at games. If Pruitt and co think he’s worthy, I think he’ll be a Vol...kid like Tennessee a lot.

Reactions: 18 people

You know nothing, Tennessee hasn’t passed anyone dude. Those other 3 states are still producing more talent. Tennessee is getting better but not on those other states level yet.

Reactions: 2 people
Not closer to Arkansas. It’s a long ways to Fayetteville. West TN is still very much UT country. Of late we have had more luck recruiting West TN than East TN.

Especially rural West Tennessee. Very Orange, at least years ago when I lived there.

Middle Tennessee has the biggest hodge poge of fans, mostly due to transplants

Especially rural West Tennessee. Very Orange, at least years ago when I lived there.

Middle Tennessee has the biggest hodge poge of fans, mostly due to transplants

I hate the Middle Tennessee melting pot of fans and I live here. It’s gross.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate the Middle Tennessee melting pot of fans and I live here. It’s gross.

I’ve met a many an Alabama fan (over the age of 35) who do not know who Jay Barker, Antonio Langham, or David Palmer are. I shame them that I know more about Bama than they do.

Those are the ones I describe as: University of Alabama, est. 2007

Reactions: 5 people
I’ve met a many an Alabama fan (over the age of 35) who do not know who Jay Barker, Antonio Langham, or David Palmer are. I shame them that I know more about Bama than they do.

Those are the ones I describe as: University of Alabama, est. 2007

They’re a lame lot. Complete bandwagon boobs.

You know nothing, Tennessee hasn’t passed anyone dude. Those other 3 states are still producing more talent. Tennessee is getting better but not on those other states level yet.

I deal in facts not opinion. Go and look up the 2019 rankings. The state of Tennessee has more composite 4-stars right now on 247sports than all but 4 states (Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California). We have more 4-stars than Louisiana, Alabama, and Ohio.

According to the recruiting sites we have surpassed them. That is a FACT.

Reactions: 7 people
I deal in facts not opinion. Go and look up the 2019 rankings. The state of Tennessee has more composite 4-stars right now on 247sports than all but 4 states (Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California). We have more 4-stars than Louisiana, Alabama, and Ohio.

I know how the sites work and I know for a FACT we haven’t.

Have you seen the 2020 and 2021 classes yet so far? I have personally and know the 2019 class for Tennessee is probably the best for this state in a while. The recruiting sites guys are hilarious to say the least. But keep dreaming bud. 😎😎😎

Face the facts, they ARE Alabama fans.

A lot of people who claim to be Alabama fans can't name 5 current players and still think bama is ranked #1. They picked Alabama simply because they heard Alabama wins a lot.

Laura Ingraham of Fox said she wanted a college team to pull for and she chose Alabama cause they win a lot. Absolutely no tie to the school or state whatsoever. Hell, she's even Catholic and chose bumps over Notre Dame. Go figure how winning college football games is so important to some people.

I know how the sites work and I know for a FACT we haven’t.

Have you seen the 2020 and 2021 classes yet so far? I have personally and know the 2019 class for Tennessee is probably the best for this state in a while. The recruiting sites guys are hilarious to say the least. But keep dreaming bud. 😎😎😎

247 is the only site to rank 2020 prospects thus far. And they have only rated the top 107 prospects.

Of the top 107 in the class of 2020, the state of Tennessee has 8 players ranked. That is good for 5th most among all states. Only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California have more players rated in the top 107. Those big 4 states have around 12-14 players ranked in the top 107. Tennessee has 8 players. No other state has more than 4.

So according to the very early rankings for the class of 2020, the trend that started with the class of 2019 is continuing. The state of Tennessee is positioning itself as the 5th most talented state in the country.

2019 is no aberration. What we're seeing with the class of 2019 is the new normal. The population in middle Tennessee is exploding and that is what is powering the rise of talent in the state of Tennessee.

Reactions: 6 people

D4H you're barking up the wrong tree here. We deal with rankings and know how a lot of it works from Rivals, 24/7, Scout, ESPN. We do not have anywhere close to Ga, Fl, Tx, or Cali and it's not close at all.

VN Store

Back