6'5" | 300 LBS | OT
MEMPHIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
MEMPHIS, TN
CLASS OF 2020

Rivals.com

Marcus Henderson, Memphis University School, Offensive Tackle

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5305337/584406345b3cb10b3080437a[/hudl]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/mbh_III/status/941727874863820800[/twitter]

Just embarrassing. What clowns they were, at least the head man. I mean I can’t even totally blame the assistants. Who knows what they were and weren’t allowed to do. The man was a control freak

20 class. How far ahead were they recruiting? And the way the season went, three classes down the road wasn’t immediate top of mind. Plenty to second guess, we don’t need to reach.

20 class. How far ahead were they recruiting? And the way the season went, three classes down the road wasn’t immediate top of mind. Plenty to second guess, we don’t need to reach.

That’s not second guessing or reaching. That’s reality

REALITY is they were fired. QUESTION was why didn’t they recruit a 2020 kid really really hard.

Since it is not yet 2022, I am not questioning why in 2017. Some on here make me a believer in electroshock therapy.

REALITY is they were fired. QUESTION was why didn’t they recruit a 2020 kid really really hard.

Reality is you recognize talent early, especially in state, and a special player like this, you offer early and let him know that his instate premiere school wants him.

Reactions: Vol Main
Reality is you recognize talent early, especially in state, and a special player like this, you offer early and let him know that his instate premiere school wants him.

Jones put out like 500 offers a year. There were threads in this forum about him offering too many people. "what's the point", "Its so far from now", "let's focus on this year"

people will complain about gold being heavy.

Reactions: 3 people

And one of the first things I was impressed with, post-hire Butch was how many years ahead he was recruiting...especially in comparison to Dooley. Cade committed in 2015, so they knew the whole song and dance. I believe Butch was too embattled with the hot seat talk, who his new AD would be and the resulting staff hires and lost focus on 3 classes ahead. His OL recruiting was inconsistent to downright shoddy, so hard to say he would have done proper justice whilst fully focused but my point was and remains that this salvo of bisching is as much a reach as some posters obsession with Butch Tweeting congrats or even appearing publicly. It’s his first public failure at a job, people! Let him be and let’s focus on the guy attempting to fix the mess.

What the hell was the previous staff doing?

I think the previous staff had burned a lot of bridges with this high school. When Butch was at Cincinnati he offered one of their kids and accepted the commitment but then pulled the offer really late in the game, leaving the kid in a tough spot. That created a lot of bad blood between Butch and the coaches at MUS. He had to work really hard to overcome that and make amends while recruiting Richmond. Then, the very next year, he turned around did the exact same thing he had done at Cincy, dropping Tim Hart from MUS like a hot rock not too far out from signing day.

Last edited:
Coaches travel note...

Tennessee worked instate today but only hit up private schools because of weather with so many systems still closed.

Terry Fair went to Ensworth to see Keshawn Lawrence while Jeremy Pruitt went to Memphis to see Bill Norton, Marcus Henderson, Maurice Hampton, Omari Thomas, and Ray Curry.

-Price

Reactions: Evergrenevol
From Galilee on VQ...

There is a buzz here with Vols effort. The local coaches speaks very highly of this staff. Coach Pruitt and the staffs connections with UA, UGA , FSU is huge because they are the most popular programs with our local kids. Coach Johnson is also well known and liked here. There is a Legit shot with Henderson. Missing out on Hampton is big because he is a big time player from a great program.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back