recruiting

Vol-in-Atlanta

Not panicking yet, but we're number 61 on Rivals.

Our results with top 10 and top 15 classes hasn't been great recently.

CJP was named recruiter of the year once - this is his opportunity to become a legend.

Giddy up.

He has been here a week. He only has around half of his staff. No need to panic yet. I'm pretty sure they are still evaluating the current talent trying to address immediate needs.

Reactions: 5 people
I am a photographer (at times). Learned from one of the best. He told me:
"A good photographer can do more with a cheap camera, than an amateur with an expensive one"
Butch seemed to have a pretty good camera.

Reactions: 13 people

CJP was named recruiter of the year once - this is his opportunity to become a legend.

Giddy up.

Don’t panic....here’s a reason why-

Vols have emerged as a legit contender for 5-star CB @Kingathlete5. “My interest for Tennessee has grown since coach (Jeremy) Pruitt is the head coach.” rvls.co/2B3ivvB

-Jesse Simonton

Reactions: 11 people
members of this staff almost seem like they have a time traveling machine...there are offers going out all over the states...gonna wait till after the first week of February to see where we stand...get a better glimpse that way...:):)

GO VOLS!

Brace yourselves for an average recruiting class. Honestly we'll still have a good class BC of the sheer talent in the Southeastern region but it's going to be a little like Dooley's classes. We'll get a lot of the 3 and 4 stars that other programs have passed on. This is a function of Tennessee being down for years and having a terrible perception problem regionally and nationally, also early signing further screws us BC recruiting is mostly about relationships.

Next year we'll clean up, staff has too many awesome recruiters to fail.

Reactions: 2 people
Mark my words, Pruitt is going to recruit better, smarter and harder than anyone.

And when he puts together a top 10 class it will mean something, unlike the CBJ classes of the past that never seemed to pan out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Help me out here..This is just the early signing day correct? Are we still gonna have the usual National Signing Day?

"A good photographer can do more with a cheap camera, than an amateur with an expensive one"

His microphone was a POS though.

Reactions: 1 person

Giddy up.

We need a good passing QB. Can we go after Old Miss's QB. Would he even be able to play for us in 2018? Search the Junior College ranks for RB & QB. May as well throw in the sink. Recruit OL & DL from the junior ranks too.

We need a good passing QB. Can we go after Old Miss's QB. Would he even be able to play for us in 2018? Search the Junior College ranks for RB & QB. May as well throw in the sink. Recruit OL & DL from the junior ranks too.

Patterson is transferring to meatchicken.....of all places. :jpshakehead:

LMAO, great analogy :eek:lol:

Last time I checked this is the first year for an early signing period.

I think a lot of folks are failing to see that the traditional Signing Day of the first Wednesday in February now no longer has the same relevance as in years past.

From what I have been reading the vast majority of HS prospects will be signing their LOIs on those three days of December 20-22.

Reactions: 2 people

Patterson is going to Mr. Khakis. Under NCAA rules he’s not suppose to be eligible because he won’t be a senior but he seems pretty confident he will get a waiver to play next season.

Giddy up.

Pruitt is saving all the bricks and will at the proper time unload all on volnation.And the wall will come together! IMO

guess LSU's TE commit is gonna visit this weekend, along with a few buddies...should be interesting...and,

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back