From 2 QB commits to zero just like that

Hell maybe Pruitt is about to land a big fish. They decommited within hours of each other. Maybe Pruitt told them to look elsewhere

We shall see

Reactions: 1 person
One sounded like a mutual split and the other a dual threat coming off season injured in a more pro style offense...

Why would we want Martinez to stay if he's not a pro style qb and why would he want to stay?

Makes zero sense. Move on...

Wasn't Martinez injured and didn't even play this past HS season?

And now the door is wide open for a recruit to come in and own the place. Great opportunity for someone.

It's okay... Rome wasn't built in a day... and dumpster fires like this aren't cleaned up in a day. Give our coaching staff and AD time and the team will be looking good in due time. It's quite possible Pruitt will find a QB diamond in the rough among the JUCO ranks to give us just what we need for the next couple of years... you know, like Auburn found Cam a few years ago. Let's be patient and let the coaches do their jobs. If you know of a great QB... pass the word along to them.

Reactions: 2 people
When Kiffin came here, he ran off 2 QBs who went to be Heisman hopefuls because he didn’t think they fit what he was looking for. After a few strikeouts he ended up getting Tyler Bray who turned out alright

Between Pruitt, Helton, Weinke and the rest of the staff they may have some better QB candidates in mind. Wait and see

Kids committed to a previous coach and staff and people are hyperventilating that they are now going elsewhere? Come on people, it’s about fit, offense, and relationships. Can we just wait and see how we finish? Asking too much I know

Do they even know the offense that we're going to run? I would be a little skittish to If I Were a top-shelf quarterback. I don't personally know what they're going to do.

I am not getting my knickers in a knot over this.

I believe CJP has a plan and is beginning to execute it.

We see what has happened with Lyle recruits on the field.

Boys- be patient.

No biggie... Martinez is a dual-threat, which is code for “can’t throw from the pocket”... same for Penix.... move on.

Losing Martinez is a blow, but we've known that losing every single member of this class was a possibility since back in October. If we held on to Martinez, I was going to say that it was basically a home-run recruiting job by Pruitt. It's amazing we held onto him this long given all that has happened at UT over the past two months.

The crazy thing is that we might've held onto him if it weren't for Scott Frost. Frost's sell is pretty strong. Frost is a national championship winning QB. His offense was wildly successful at UCF. And Martinez will have a chance to start his Freshman year. Tough to beat that sell, unfortunately, no matter how good Pruitt is at recruiting. If you're a young QB recruit, I'd say Frost and Tee Martin are the 2 coaches that are tough to say "no" to. (Harbaugh as well, but his QBs haven't looked so great lately.)

It's a blow not to have a blue-chip QB for this class, but we're not necessarily in bad shape. If we can hold onto Dormady, JG, and McBride, we're in reasonable shape for next season. We'll have to land a big-time QB in 2019.

This is a much better thread than the one I started earlier on the same subject that got merged into the player thread. Good work, mods!

I hope recruiting picks up soon. We are losing a lot more than we are gaining. Early signing is a week away lets see what he they can do

VN Store

Back