'19 AL CB Christian Williams

Going to see Coach Pruitt do work in the Mobile area as this was one of his recruiting territories while at Alabama

Reactions: 1 person
Kids pretty good, he got called for a lot of PI this year. Daphne plays him as a WR as well, he is an absolute play maker. Daphne also has a set of twins, Jaquan and Jajuan Miles that are speedsters.

Tons of talent in the Mobile/Baldwin County areas.

four-star junior cornerback christian williams of daphne (ala.) high school, a top-100 prospect nationally, is scheduled to visit tennessee this weekend, he told 247sports' hank south.

The 6-foot-1, 177-pound williams received a scholarship offer from the vols on dec. 12, during new coach jeremy pruitt's first week in knoxville. Williams now holds offers from nearly 20 schools, including alabama, auburn, lsu, florida, michigan, mississippi state, missouri, nebraska, ole miss, oregon and south carolina.

He recently told 247sports' keith niebuhr that alabama, auburn and lsu were the three teams "recruiting me the hardest, i guess," although he's "kind of just chilling" right now and not rushing to decide on a college.

Williams is ranked the no. 90 overall prospect and no. 9 cornerback in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He's also ranked by 247sports as the no. 72 overall player and no. 10 cornerback in the 2019 class.

This guy is going to be a lockdown corner wherever he lands ... hopefully we can get him . #GoVols

“before going in, everybody told me i was going to fall in love with it and that it was, like, a pretty view and everything and it was just really beautiful. And i really saw that when i came up here,” said williams, who’s ranked the no. 90 overall prospect and no. 9 cornerback in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “i really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed their coaches. Their facilities are really, really nice. It was just nice seeing coach pruitt again.”

“i really already knew coach pruitt as a coach, i guess,” williams said, "so i wanted to come to tennessee and see what it was like and just check it out.” williams said he was most impressed by “definitely the facilities, the academic part and just the coaches” at tennessee, and he enjoyed seeing the vols in action during saturday’s scrimmage.“i just enjoyed it overall,” he said of the scrimmage at neyland stadium. “i mean, honestly, on the field, their corners looked like they were pretty solid and just doing their job.”

“they just talked about and mentioned how they love big corners and how that would fit in good with tennessee,” williams said. “i’ve been talking to coach sherrer a lot, and now coach kelly, he said he was going to be recruiting my area.” pruitt talked with williams about his plans for turning around the vols’ program. “we just talked about, like, the basic stuff, how he’s going to turn tennessee back into what it was back then and be more successful with them,” williams said. “he said that he really, really wants me there, and we could really build there and just stuff like that.”

he admitted he “was an alabama fan growing up,” and while the crimson tide are among the teams he’s considering, he said he looks at things “differently as a recruit.” he said he hasn’t settled on any early favorite or even a group of front-runners. “i don’t really have any favorites right now,” williams said. “i’m just kind of chilling, i guess, just seeing what everybody has to offer.”

as he continues exploring his options, he said he wants to “make sure i fit in with the defense and with what my position does,” and he’s interested in “just fitting in with the coaches and everything, getting along with them.” for now, he’s not sure when he might be ready to decide on a college. “i really don’t know yet,” williams said. “i might wait the long run, or i might just come out of nowhere with it. I really don’t know yet.”

Reactions: 3 people
One new name to keep an eye on is Alabama cornerback commit Christian Williams. The Vols are a longshot here, but Williams’ commit to the Tide is hardly firm. Tennessee checked in on Williams this week and would like to get him on campus for a visit. The 4-star will be in Miami officially this weekend and has other trips tentatively planned to Oregon and LSU.
VQ

VN Store

Back