Calabasas
Calabasas, CA
6'2" 180 lbs
Class of 2018

Nikko Hall, Calabasas, Safety

Rivals.com

Vols offered 12-10-17

Reactions: 4 people
This afternoon, new Tennessee offensive coordinator Tyson Helton will continue to work the State of California after visiting with 4-star quarterback commit Adrian Martinez in-home on Monday night. Helton will visit several schools, including a stop to see a familiar face and a VFL in former quarterback Casey Clausen at Calabasas High School.

“I know him real well,” Clausen said of Helton. “I've known him for 2-3 years. I have known his brother for a long time. Tyson is a really good guy. “He's a really good coach, really good developer and a really good recruiter. He's been a bunch of places in the south so he has relationship there as well as here. The good news is that the new staff is going to tap into the west coast, recruiting guys that are the right fit for them.”

One guy that the Vols are recruiting now is Calabasas receiver/safety Nikko Hall. Hall is a 6-2, 180-pound athlete that Clausen feels fits what Coach Pruitt and his staff want. “He's a great kid,” Clausen said. “He works hard. He's fast and physical. Coach Helton says they want guys who are fast and physical on the defensive side of the ball. Nikko is a great athlete who can fit in anywhere as an athlete.”

The Vols offered Hall on Sunday and will visit with him this afternoon. Hall has been to Oregon State and also has trips set up to Arizona State and Wisconsin. Hall does not plan to sign early, according to Clausen.

In addition to Hall, Clausen has two younger talented receivers that Helton is well aware of. Mycah Pittman is a 2019 receiver, whose brother plays currently at Southern Cal and his father played in the NFL. Johnny Wilson is a 6-5, 190-pound receiver. Clausen believes both can play anywhere in the country and the fact that one of the schools trying to court them is his alma mater is exciting.

“It's pretty cool,” Clausen said. “I hope they wouldn't come see me if I didn't have talent that can help them. We want the best players in the country at Tennessee. They are going to recruit the home state and as we did when I was there, they are going to go across the country to find the best players to fit coach Pruitt's style. If you want to get back to where we were when I was there then we gotta go out and get the best players that fit where ever they are in the country.”

- Hubbs

Reactions: 22 people
My gosh I love Casey Clausen.

He was so under appreciated as a vol. Even by myself. That game in the Neyland where we couldn't get the snap right in a monsoon was really the only bad game of his that stands out.

Edit

Last edited:
As Brent wrote earlier, Tyson Helton was in California today to see Hall.

We were able to catch up with the four-star WR after this evening. As of now he says that he is definitely taking an official visit to Tennessee either Jan. 19 or 26, not sure which. Says that the Vols are recruiting him as an athlete, Helton likes him at WR, said Pruitt likes him at safety.

He has taken one official visit to Oregon St. but none others yet. Says he isn't sure if he will take other visits, mentioned USC and Arizona as possibilities.

After talking with him would also guess that it definitely doesn't hurt Tennessee's chances that he plays for Casey Clausen.

-Rob Lewis

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back