‘18 CA OL Grad Transfer Dwayne Wallace

31VFL

6’5

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/bigwild_62/status/939944728853823488[/Twitter]

Reactions: 9 people
Dwayne Wallace, Cal’s starting right guard, no longer with team

John Taylor
6 months ago

Just a little over a month before the start of summer camp, Cal’s offensive line has taken what some might consider a rather significant hit.

In a very short and terse press release, the football program announced that “Dwayne Wallace is no longer associated with the school’s football program.” No reason was given for what could be best described as an eyebrow-raising departure.

The first two years of the 6-5, 330-pound Wallace’s collegiate playing career were spent at the junior college level in Riverside, California. He transferred to Cal in January of 2016.

In his first and what turned out to be only season with the Golden Bears, Wallace started nine of the 12 games in which he played. Exiting spring practice, Wallace was firmly entrenched as Cal’s starting right guard.

With Wallace’s departure, Cal’s offensive line will now have four new starters for the 2017 season.
-NBCsports

So. Sounds like failed drug test or some kind of altercation. He's "Thankful for a second chance" as he says. Dunno. I trust staff. If they think he can help, then bring him on.

Reactions: 2 people
So. Sounds like failed drug test or some kind of altercation. He's "Thankful for a second chance" as he says. Dunno. I trust staff. If they think he can help, then bring him on.

I no longer worry about guys with character issues with Pruitt as coach, seems like he's the type of coach that really will not put up with that ****

Reactions: 4 people
They are offering a lot of lineman, very concerned imo

We don’t have many interior guys left.

We have Smith, Tatum, Richmond, Calbert, and Brooks outside. We have Johnson, Locklear, Lane, and ??? Inside. I maybe missing some.

Just think about our 2 deep next year and its horrific.. Tons of guards and many are broke down coming off injuries

We don’t have many interior guys left.

We have Smith, Tatum, Richmond, Calbert, and Brooks outside. We have Johnson, Locklear, Lane, and ??? Inside. I maybe missing some.

Geezz, another year of crappy OL play coming? I’m so sick of it

I honestly expect our offense to take a step forward, top 50 in offense at least...our hardass tough coach will fix these guys this off-season

VN Store

Back