RR: 5.7
Dunham
Baton Rouge, LA
6'2" 250 lbs
Class of 2018

Rivals.com

Michael Williams, Dunham School, Athlete

Reactions: 3 people
Amazing how we are seeing the type of players that Pruitt is going after.. Jones offered at of DE that weighed 215-220

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, that is awesome. That didn't look like great competition, but who cares! Beast!

“they talked to me about defensive end, outside linebacker and d-tackle. Those are all good with me. Defensive end and outside linebacker are probably my favorite but it really doesn’t matter to me,” williams said. He was hosted on his official visit by new arrival greg emerson, who helped make sure williams got a long look at what tennessee has to offer.

“the town was pretty decent. I didn’t know what to expect coming in. It was my first time being in knoxville. It seemed like a nice town.the campus, the facilities all of that, it was amazing,” williams said of what stood out to him during his visit. “the locker room was really nice and they have a green screen room. Both of those things really grabbed my attention.”

like many of the prospects who have ended up on tennessee’s newly constructed recruiting board, williams already had a relationship with some members of the vols’ staff. One of those relationships happens to be with the new head coach, a point that seems to favor tennessee in this particular pursuit.

“i had a good relationship with coach pruitt already from when he was at alabama, so that was good. I knew coach rumph from when he was at florida so i already knew a couple of the coaches from when they were at other schools,” williams said. That could end up being a big deal due to the simple fact that williams lists the relationship he has with the coaching staff as perhaps the most important factor in his decision.

“the relationship i have with the coaches is going to be really important to me. I want to make sure that the coaches see me as more than a football player,” williams said. “playing time is a factor as well and so is the environment. I want to go somewhere that i feel at home.”

williams’ only previous visit before this weekend was to lsu. He has a trip to texas lined up for next week and then plans to make his choice between the vols, tigers and longhorns. He stated that as of now he has no leader.

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
This is great, other recruits are opening up about Tennessee, the coaches, and the facilities. This is going to change things around for a very long time again. I feel 2018 and beyond is for the taking.

— three-star athlete michael williams of baton rouge, la., who took an official visit to tennessee the weekend of jan. 12, picked up an offer from texas on wednesday going into his official visit with the longhorns over the weekend. While the vols made a good impression on williams during his visit to knoxville, all signs now point to texas being the team to beat for the 6-foot-2, 240-pound williams, who’s being recruited by tennessee as a likely edge rusher. All 11 predictions on the 247sports crystal ball now point to the longhorns as the favorites to land him.

VN Store

Back