‘18 GA DT Robert Cooper.

Definitely looks like we’ll be transitioning into a 3-4.

I wonder if he’ll rush into and risk the defense not catching on quick enough/not enough depth at certain spots next year. Or if he’ll slowly transition

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely looks like we’ll be transitioning into a 3-4.

I wonder if he’ll rush into and risk the defense not catching on quick enough/not enough depth at certain spots next year. Or if he’ll slowly transition

Hopefully its a slow one. If Pruitt really wants to go to a 3-4, then I hope does some experimentation to see how it works out here. But as it stands, we dont have the personnel to run it.

Hopefully its a slow one. If Pruitt really wants to go to a 3-4, then I hope does some experimentation to see how it works out here. But as it stands, we dont have the personnel to run it.

He was asked that question in his presser. He said he would run the defense based on personnel. I would say it will be a couple of years of recruiting to switch to 3-4. We don't have the LBs for it right now.

Cade Mays, Robert Cooper 1a/1b on want/need list if Tennessee wants to get back to being good in the trenches. Cooper is a guy or a type thereof if we want to run 3-4. Need about 2 or 3 of his kind if we are serious about running that scheme. I hope we do though because it's a lot more versatile of a scheme imo and fun to watch the big boys shut people down with it. Usually takes a couple years to get there though.

Need a NT.

That nail? You hit it!
ozark-del-shot.gif

Didn’t actually fit the previous scheme.

As much as I love to pile on Butch, I agree.

He took two other 350 lb DTs before. One became an OG and everntually transferred to Austin Peay. The other had an average first 3 years on campus.

I thought the same thing. Highly rated dline kid and we just now offered???!

The way our defense played a somewhat
'wait an the react style (at least the way it look to me), I don't think he was a fit. Now if we do go to a 3-4 he would look great in the middle if he is aggressive enough. Many of these big guys seem to be a little passive to me.

The way our defense played a somewhat
'wait an the react style (at least the way it look to me), I don't think he was a fit. Now if we do go to a 3-4 he would look great in the middle if he is aggressive enough. Many of these big guys seem to be a little passive to me.

Seems Bama constantly recruits bad asses up front on the DL

VN Store

Back