'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_7931421.jpg

OLB
6-2.5
CLASS OF 18
MOULTRIE, GA
(COLQUITT COUNTY

JJ Peterson, Colquitt County, Outside Linebacker

Rivals.com

[hudl]3/6700106/59fb850e3df5e32808bd62d2[/hudl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
One of Alabama’s top targets on defense, four-star linebacker JJ Peterson, received his U.S. Army All-American jersey on Wednesday.

The Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County product is prepping for the Class 7A state championship on Saturday, but took some time out of his day to talk about recruiting with 247Sports’ Kipp Adams.

“It’s kind of neutral right now,” Peterson said of his recruitment. “After this week things will crank up since I’ll be free.”

Peterson has maintained Alabama as his leader since the spring, ahead of programs like Auburn, Georgia, and Oregon. Is that still the case? “Something like that,” he said.

What keeps the Tide at the top of the four-star ‘backer’s list? “Their togetherness,” Peterson said. “Everybody plays for one. They don’t just play their position. They play all for their team.”

Peterson and former UA defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt have a very close relationship, especially considering Colquitt County head coach Rush Propst and Pruitt go way back to their days at Hoover.

“It’s very good,” Peterson said of his relationship with Pruitt. “We talk. He don’t pressure me. It’s cool.” Prior to Pruitt officially being named head coach of Tennessee, Peterson talked about what that would mean for Alabama and its chances. “It would probably be hard because he’s like the main person I talk to,” he said.

Would Tennessee emerge into the picture? “Something like that because we’ve already got two people over there, so I feel comfortable,” Peterson said. Peterson has communicated with head coach Nick Saban in the past. “I don’t really talk to him as much,” he said. “When I talk to him he just asks questions … I’m not really a talker.”

Right now Peterson says Auburn is No. 2 behind Alabama. He plans to take official visits in January prior to making a decision on Signing Day. Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee will for sure get visits.

What will be the deciding factor? “The ones that don’t pressure me about it and hear me out,” Peterson said.

At 6-foot-1.5, 210 pounds, Peterson is rated the No. 2 outside linebacker and the No. 43 overall player in the country, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

-Bama 247

Reactions: 14 people
Ron...great to see you fighting the good fight. This is about to be like the 2008-2009 years with Kiffin and Co. I might just become a regular again. Hope all is well.

Reactions: 1 person
My guess in Pruitt's 3-4 is that this guy will move into one of the MLB slots if he comes on board.

Ron...great to see you fighting the good fight. This is about to be like the 2008-2009 years with Kiffin and Co. I might just become a regular again. Hope all is well.

Thanks, man. Life is good. How you're doing well also. Stick around, this is going to be a blast!

I bet we flip this kid. Him saying he really doesn't talk to anybody at Alabama outside of Pruitt & the fact that Propst might join the staff sounds good for us.

Especially if we get the visit.

I bet we flip this kid. Him saying he really doesn't talk to anybody at Alabama outside of Pruitt & the fact that Propst might join the staff sounds good for us.

Especially if we get the visit.

I was thinking the ncaa made a rule where if we hired the coach we couldnt recruit the players for a few years. Did i imagine this?

I don't have a source but I remember hearing something similar. If the university hires a somebody from a school they can't get a recruit from there for like 3 or 5 years or something.

2 years while the coach was there and 2 years after of I remember correctly

When Pruitt was targeted as the HC, the first thing I thought about was his prowess to coach up the defense. The second thing that got me thinking was Pruitt's ties to Hoover High and Rush Propst. Those are pipelines that could feed UT for however long CJP is in orange

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back