'18 JUCO RB Greg Bell

Honestly reminds me of Theo Riddick as a runner and pass protector. If he can catch as well out of the backfield (not many receiving plays in his hudl) then sign him up for sure.

He seems adept at the curl into a ball pass blocking technique. Shows some good vision running, and he likes to hurdle players.

Looks like a thicker body, but similar to Chandler. Tho, I didn't watch them all so wonder abt ability to get to the edge and turn north/south a full speed.

This kid seems to be part of a larger trend of kids who want to leverage recruiting into twitter followers. It's a really weird trend. I've seen several of them asking multiple fan bases for followers. "Yo #VolTwitter if I get to 8000 Ima Vol" or something like that. Then they do the same to Nebraska, and on down the line. Totally bizarre.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm curious - how highly rated was Greg Bell coming out of high school? Is there a place to look that up?

He's higher rated than BJ Emmons as a JUCO, but Emmons was a highly rated 5 star coming out of high school and now his ranking is a 3 star.

I've never paid JUCO's that much attention before so idk if that drop is normal.

RB is an intriguing spot in this class. The fact that the coaches are pursuing Banks and Bell tells me that at least one of the following things is true:

1. JK is going pro.
2. Grant isn't very solid in his commitment.
3. The coaches don't like Grant as a RB in our scheme that much.
4. The coaches are expecting a transfer from CFA, Chandler, or Jordan.
5. The coaches think Banks and/or Bell are special enough to want both despite us JK staying, nobody transfering, and Grant being a solid commitment and a fit.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was one or more of those first 3 things.

RB is an intriguing spot in this class. The fact that the coaches are pursuing Banks and Bell tells me that at least one of the following things is true:

1. JK is going pro.
2. Grant isn't very solid in his commitment.
3. The coaches don't like Grant as a RB in our scheme that much.
4. The coaches are expecting a transfer from CFA, Chandler, or Jordan.
5. The coaches think Banks and/or Bell are special enough to want both despite us JK staying, nobody transfering, and Grant being a solid commitment and a fit.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was one or more of those first 3 things.

Surely, Chandler isn't thinking of transferring. It seems like Pruitt and Helton like bigger RBs, but they have to know, what they have in Chandler.

I doubt he is as well. I was talking theoretically.

Gotcha. I would like to think none of those young RBs would transfer. The one I would be most worried about transferring would be CFA, but the way he beefed up and ran, last year, he might be the kinda RB that Pruitt and Helton gives more carries to next year.

I also, think JK needs a better resume before he goes pro. Like u said, tho, the coaches are recruiting RBs like they know something we don't.

I still think Grant will end up a defense. Maybe, a safety like Nigel or even a nickel back like Gaulden.

Gotcha. I would like to think none of those young RBs would transfer. The one I would be most worried about transferring would be CFA, but the way he beefed up and ran, last year, he might be the kinda RB that Pruitt and Helton gives more carries to next year.

I also, think JK needs a better resume before he goes pro. Like u said, tho, the coaches are recruiting RBs like they know something we don't.

I still think Grant will end up a defense. Maybe, a safety like Nigel or even a nickel back like Gaulden.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

VN Store

Back