Recruits

yuenglinguy78

I have obviously kept up with recruits and all that are wanting to come play football for UT.

One of the biggest consistent debate that I have with UT fans and fans of other schools is whether the recruits we have been losing this year is from either: 1. CBJ still being the coach, 2. The way the games have been going, or 3. The fact that CBJ might not be coaching here next year.

I feel like it could be the fact that CBJ is still the coach. The reason I say that was when Mays decided to start visiting other schools. CADE FREAKIN MAYS that kid bleeds orange. Maybe he is trying to use it as a way of saying, "Not only are the fans upset, but the in-state recruits aren't having it either"

I could also see it as these recruits who have been recruited by CBJ are worried that he wouldn't be here next year. Maybe he's made promises to them that another coach wouldn't fulfill. Who knows though?

Opinions?

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is hurting us in all facets of Vol football...don't really blame the kids for not wanting to come to UT...:no:

PS. maybe after Mizzou...we'll get some good news...that early signing period is creeping up...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
We're in a place where as far as recruiting goes, it hurts us to keep him, as well as to get rid of him. The question is, which hurts worse? Do recruits want stability or faith that a better coach is on his way?

We're in a place where as far as recruiting goes, it hurts us to keep him, as well as to get rid of him. The question is, which hurts worse? Do recruits want stability or faith that a better coach is on his way?

As far as in-state recruits go, a new coach would be the way to keep them. If they bleed orange then CBJ is what is holding them back.

As far as out of state commits, unless they grew up UT fans they were brought in by CBJ.

The way I see it, you want to win over in-state recruits no matter what. If you can't bring kids in from your own state why would out of state recruits want to come?

No parent would want to send their kid to play for Jones if they really looked at all the turmoil from Jones . Look how many players have left and all the rumors that surrounded their departure. Maybe allof them are not true but i would bet their is some truth to some of them. What was the kid that turned in the rape and then left ? Sure would like to hear more from him. I wonder what the whole story is !

We need to focus on winning games. I wish there were a coach on this staff who would do a better job of that in the interim, but I don't think we have one.

I don't think firing Jones now would all of a sudden cause recruits to come back to Tennessee. Hiring a new coach would, but that's not happening until after the regular season

We need to focus on winning games. I wish there were a coach on this staff who would do a better job of that in the interim, but I don't think we have one.

I don't think firing Jones now would all of a sudden cause recruits to come back to Tennessee. Hiring a new coach would, but that's not happening until after the regular season

I would give Hoke a shot at interim, if for some reason they needed one. Definitely not Larry Scott, watching his play calling makes me want to burn my eyes out with a hot butter knife.

I would definitely give up some of this recruiting class to get a good X & Os coach. Recruiting class is near the bottom of my list of concerns right now. We don't even know what kind of talent we already have on this team.

I would definitely give up some of this recruiting class to get a good X & Os coach. Recruiting class is near the bottom of my list of concerns right now. We don't even know what kind of talent we already have on this team.

That's true. I feel bad for these players from the lack of development that they have received.

CBJ can get them here, but he can't develop them...

I have obviously kept up with recruits and all that are wanting to come play football for UT.

One of the biggest consistent debate that I have with UT fans and fans of other schools is whether the recruits we have been losing this year is from either: 1. CBJ still being the coach, 2. The way the games have been going, or 3. The fact that CBJ might not be coaching here next year.

I feel like it could be the fact that CBJ is still the coach. The reason I say that was when Mays decided to start visiting other schools. CADE FREAKIN MAYS that kid bleeds orange. Maybe he is trying to use it as a way of saying, "Not only are the fans upset, but the in-state recruits aren't having it either"

I could also see it as these recruits who have been recruited by CBJ are worried that he wouldn't be here next year. Maybe he's made promises to them that another coach wouldn't fulfill. Who knows though?

Opinions?

Combination of all three.

Would you want to come play for a coach that would burn your "Red shirt" in the 9th game for 3 plays? I know he got to play the second half but only because JG was not able to play.

Regardless of how inept the administration appears to be in handling this whole situation, if he does not want to be a Vol, for any reason, then I say good luck to the young man.

They don't have to sign early. A few will want to know who there coach is gonna be but I've looked into it and a lot of them are signing to play for UT, the school and not the coach. Get a good hire in here and do some flipping would be ideal. Another Olineman,(Carvin), and LBer, (kid from columbus,ga.), forgot his name. Maybe Trevor Lawrence. I heard he liked UT.

No parent would want to send their kid to play for Jones if they really looked at all the turmoil from Jones . Look how many players have left and all the rumors that surrounded their departure. Maybe allof them are not true but i would bet their is some truth to some of them. What was the kid that turned in the rape and then left ? Sure would like to hear more from him. I wonder what the whole story is !

Drae Bowles is who you are talking about. I may have spelled his last name wrong.

They don't have to sign early. A few will want to know who there coach is gonna be but I've looked into it and a lot of them are signing to play for UT, the school and not the coach. Get a good hire in here and do some flipping would be ideal. Another Olineman,(Carvin), and LBer, (kid from columbus,ga.), forgot his name. Maybe Trevor Lawrence. I heard he liked UT.

Depending on who is hired, we could gain more recruits. If they are not ethical coaches, such as Kiffin, they will walk in to the class room before January's first class and get them to leave for Tennessee with said coach.
However; if Houston comes to Tennessee, I don't see and James Madison players being S.E.C. caliber players. So, I don't see any coming from a smaller school that we hire a coach from.

Mays linebacker on his HS team is a Clemson commit and he is pushing him hard to follow him to Clemson. I gotta a bad feeling about how this one plays out.

see, right there is what I'm talking about...you just can't lose kids like Mays...not and highly compete in the SEC...no way...please Mr. Currie...do something good...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

see, right there is what I'm talking about...you just can't lose kids like Mays...not and highly compete in the SEC...no way...please Mr. Currie...do something good...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Funny how Florida seems to be holding on to their class and their coach is already gone. So who's strategy is working :loco::crazy:

Funny how Florida seems to be holding on to their class and their coach is already gone. So who's strategy is working :loco::crazy:

Butch will be gone soon enough, and besides - Tennessee & Florida have the same amount of commits in their classes currently(19 each).

You realize we have 19 commits right? Same as Florida.

Give it time. You are gonna see more jump from both classes.

VN Store

Back