Potential QB Transfers

GoBigOrangeVols

The Vols will be entering 2018 with a new coaching staff and a question mark at QB. The future of Dormady, who would be a rising senior, is uncertain after shoulder surgery and his inability to hold onto the position based on performance. Guarantano has shown grit but hasn't exactly locked the position down. Will McBride is undersized and likely not the QB of the future.

Does anyone have any insight on potential graduate transfer QBs that may look at the Vols current situation and a new staff favorably for the 2018 season?

Dormady will transfer out. Hopefully he can graduate so he is eligible to play immediately, else he has a red-shirt year he can use to wait at next college. Doesn't make sense for him to stick around.
Gurrantano and McBride will stick around. Gurrantano will most likely be starter next season. Tennessee will take Mike Penix and one other guy in this upcoming class. Adrain Martinez will mostly likely decomit and stay west.

Sometimes it is better to dance with the once you came with.

Dormady will transfer out. Hopefully he can graduate so he is eligible to play immediately, else he has a red-shirt year he can use to wait at next college. Doesn't make sense for him to stick around.
Gurrantano and McBride will stick around. Gurrantano will most likely be starter next season. Tennessee will take Mike Penix and one other guy in this upcoming class. Adrain Martinez will mostly likely decomit and stay west.

Why would Dormandy transfer out? His stats are better, albeit awful, than JG's and the offense was better, albeit awful, with him at the helm, and he was playing with a bum shoulder.

Reactions: 2 people

If this staff is gone, what makes you think Penix stays with his commit? Most players commit to coaches, not schools

Reactions: 1 person

You're right. Dormady is on pace to graduate this semester and will likely transfer to a Texas school.

If Mullen is the hire, he has a current QB commit from Texas I assume he likes and would like to bring with him.

More important to get O linemen imo. I'm not ready to give up on Guarantano.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I can't judge any of our current quarterbacks until we get a new coach and coaching staff in here. These kids have had absolutely no coaching or development from this staff. Bringing in Utah State's rb coach to be our qb coach smh...these kids never had a chance

If somehow Gruden is actually our next coach, the first thing he should do is take a trip to Cartersville, Georgia and flip Trevor Lawrence back to where he belongs. That solves our QB problem for the next four years, as well as serves as a shot across the bow of all of college football.

Why would Dormandy transfer out? His stats are better, albeit awful, than JG's and the offense was better, albeit awful, with him at the helm, and he was playing with a bum shoulder.

Kid has one year left and I am sure he wants to go where he can start. Not blaming him but regardless of whether staff changes happen or not, it makes perfect sense for Dormady to go find a place where he can start and play his final year.

He’ll transfer. He took his shot and JG’s the guy.

I think Martinez is all vol IMO

Reactions: 3 people
If somehow Gruden is actually our next coach, the first thing he should do is take a trip to Cartersville, Georgia and flip Trevor Lawrence back to where he belongs. That solves our QB problem for the next four years, as well as serves as a shot across the bow of all of college football.

If Gruden is the coach, and he would get Peyton to coach qb's, we could get about any quarterback out there.

I like JG, and he’s taken a beating... and granted... it’s early, but he had not looked like a future super star

I guess Dobbs took some time to grow too, so I’m certainly not writing him off

Also no interest in the transfer market

It’s the average of all the services.

Seen too many instances of it not being representative of an average. It doesn’t work and they don’t keep it updated.

Once I saw players in basketball ranked with a composite score higher than any of their other rankings.

VN Store

Back