Recruiting Forum: Official Kentucky Pre-Game/Game Thread

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Tennessee travels up I-75 to Lexington this weekend for a night game show down between two SEC teams that frankly aren't very good. Kentucky has the better record, but they don't have anything close to an impressive win, unless you count South Carolina. For whatever reason, Kentucky has had their number in recent years.

Keys to Victory:

1. TYme to start: With the absence of John Kelly this week, Tennessee is missing it's only player on offense with a pulse. Ty Chandler has impressed with his limited action this season, though he's yet to score a TD. If healthy, CFA will be needed to share the load. You'd be forgiven if you didn't know that CFA was averaging 6.7 yards per carry and two touchdowns on the year.

2. Breakout or Breakdown:
The only chance Tennessee really has to win this game is development in the passing game to keep the defense honest. JG now has two starts under his belt. First time starts are rarely outstanding, so that's forgivable. The most anyone hoped to see out of the Bama game was for him to be able to walk away.

So here we are, start #3, and a defense that doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of men (70th nationally). That defense is the worst we have faced from a Div 1 opponent, a notch worse than UMASS. That's pretty bad, considering Kentucky has yet to play offensive beasts Louisville and UGA, and they haven't had to play Bama, like TN has.

Josh Dobbs destroyed KY throughout his career, but he's not stepping out on the field this week, so we need JG to exploit those same weaknesses that KY seems to show every year to the Vols. This could be a game where JG grows up... or at least grows. If he can pass for over his season total (231), the Vols have a shot.

3. Tighten up: A year ago, the Vols gave up miles of offense to KY. Different circumstances with the injuries, but needless to say, they have to do better than the 443 rushing yards they gave up last year.

Prediction: I think the Vols are able to find some actual offensive success (relatively) that keeps the defense fresher. JG improves, but a team that doesn't seem to have much to play for vs. a team who circles this on their calendar every year is a tough thing to overcome when the playing field is becoming more level. Kentucky fans really want this game, and it's at night, so the bourbon will be thick. I can't believe I'm saying this, but...

TN 14
KY 20

Reactions: 7 people
Can’t believe I’m making a prediction to lose to UK. FML. What a season this has become.

UK 27
UT 10

I started a new job this year and at our Monday morning meeting one of my colleagues (big Kentucky fan) told me we would be thanking Kentucky for getting Butch Jones fired.
Please don't make this guy out to be a prophet.

UT 24
UK 13

Reactions: 2 people
Ugh, I hate saying this, because my sister is a yucky UK fan, and she will think when they win that they beat the best team we could trot out there...lol! I’ll just say congrats and thanks for helping to make Currie finally announce Butch’s firing.

I think this game goes eerily similar to Dooley’s 2012 Vandy game that officially got him fired. We will come out completely lifeless, UK comes out fired up to avenge their thrashing last week and because this is their Super Bowl every year, night game at Kroger’s, Butch could care less again, and we get hammered by 20+.

Thanks, Nick. Great job as always.

I think you have the score right, just for the wrong teams.

UT 20
KY 14

Reactions: 1 person
Can’t believe I’m making a prediction to lose to UK. FML. What a season this has become.

UK 27
UT 10

I believe that we are going to lose but remember we have not scored a T.D. in over 100 years. So, I predict field goals and not touch downs..

Ky. 42 Tennessee 9

good job Nicky...:pepper:

Vols 17

Cats 16

don't care if it doesn't get Butch fired after this game...don't want to lose to the Cats...:crazy:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Nick you're an individual who does due his due diligence , attention to detail, and your posts are 5* heart felt, no doubt you're a champion of life.

VN Store

Back