Recruiting Forum: Official Alabama Pre-Game/Game Thread

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Tennessee travels down to Tuscaloosa this week for the coveted 3:30 CBS time slot. Well... it used to be coveted, now it's generally a showcase for getting our butts handed to us.

Keys to Victory:

1. ...: Listen, I'm not going to patronize you. We don't have the keys. It's not going to happen, and I can't pull a single thing from my colon to make myself or anyone else believe it's going to happen, so let's just save ourselves some time here.

Alabama scores 43 PPG, Tennessee scored 42 points in the last 4 games combined.

Alabama gives up 10 PPG, Tennessee... listen, like I said, it doesn't really matter.

Prediction: Pain. As much pain as Saban wants to inflict. I cannot remember the last Tennessee game I missed, but I'm sleeping through this one. I'm very glad that I'll have no memory of this game either.

AL 42
TN 0

Reactions: 7 people
Sounds about right to me, nick. The will probably be brutal to watch and worse to have to play.

Bama 59
Tennessee 3

It's 35-0 at halftime. We get a fluke play (near pick-six, muffed punt recovery) that sets us up in scoring position. We go backwards for 3 plays and then Cimaglia hits a 45-yarder.

Score is:

Alabama------whatever the F Saban wants it to be
Tennessee----3

Currie, I know you don't read these message boards, but maybe a 5th cousin of a friend of yours does and the message gets back to you. So, here goes, it's over! Butch could lose to Bama, which he of course will, then win out. It doesn't matter. He has lost the fan base, the national media, recruits, and most importantly, his team! He can never regain it. Please move fast and make it clear to VolNation you have it under control.

And don't present us with an up and comer from wherevertheFtech...ok?

Saban can name the score..he may be in a merciful mood to a fellow he knows is basically walking to the Tuscaloosa guillotine...So I'll say 55-0. I will gain immeasurable respect for the players on this team if they play invested enough to keep it semi-respectable.

Yep, mowing the lawn during this one.

Not sure how much I’ll watch the rest of the season even. It’s been a decade of futility and as a fan I’m frustrated and tired.

The game likely will go one of two ways: Either Saban treats us like a cupcake and gives backups game experience for 2-1/2 quarters, in which case we might score some FGs, or he decides he wants to set a new beatdown record and beats us by the point spread necessary to do that. If UGA beat us 41-0 in Neyland, Bama can cause much more pain in Tuscaloosa.

Gruden shows up on the sideline instead of Butch and the Vols pull off the upset:

24-20 Vols.

But really, I’m not gonna put a cap on Bamas scoring. I’m not really a betting man but I’d bet the over on the spread all day. Gonna be ugly.

Reactions: 1 person
IDK what you guys are talking about. We always play better in Tuscaloostooth than neyland against bama.... 35-3

As someone earlier in this thread had, I go 52-3. And the field goal will be a long one.

Did we even cross mid-field against UGA? I don’t remember. I’m seriously doubting a FG unless we get some fluke turnover on Bama’s side of the field.

Did we even cross mid-field against UGA? I don’t remember. I’m seriously doubting a FG unless we get some fluke turnover on Bama’s side of the field.

I think once or twice. I know for sure once, we got 3rd and short and ran wildcat and punted it

OK. Can't wrap my head around picking a score. Would be great for the Vols to somehow come away with a win, interim or not.

VN Store

Back