Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what? Bringing the board info? Sorry it's not good news. Hopefully nothing comes from it but doesn't change the fact that people are being interviewed.

Your info on Jack Jones was incorrect. I guess we'll be in wait-and-see mode on this nugget.

But IMO, you hear something such as article on problem with OL player, you find out who missed practice, and you jump to conclusions. I feel like you're doing the same here. Spognardi was fired for misconduct, interviews are happening to gather facts (nothing more), and again you're jumping to conclusions. If an employee broke NCAA rules, the athletic department would have reported the infractions, and they obviously took appropriate action in firing the offender.

Maybe you need a new 'jump to conclusions' mat.

Reactions: 12 people
Your info on Jack Jones was incorrect. I guess we'll be in wait-and-see mode on this nugget.

But IMO, you hear something such as article on problem with OL player, you find out who missed practice, and you jump to conclusions. I feel like you're doing the same here. Spognardi was fired for misconduct, interviews are happening to gather facts (nothing more), and again you're jumping to conclusions. If an employee broke NCAA rules, the athletic department would have reported the infractions, and they obviously took appropriate action in firing the offender.

Maybe you need a new 'jump to conclusions' mat.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Spognardi was fired for misconduct, interviews are happening to gather facts (nothing more),

So you are confirming interviews are happening???

Surely you are smart enough to realize if interviews are being conducted a year later that isn't a good thing

He is what this team wants to be — an underrated overachiever. He was just a three-star recruit out of Oak Park, Mich., in 2015, shunning the opportunity to play defensive back at Michigan State or Michigan so he could run the ball in Knoxville. He’s going to start at running back as a junior and, if the Vols’ plans of being a more physical and NFL-themed offense are executed successfully, he’ll double up on last season’s 630 yards with his ferocious running style.

“Coach Scott is going to give the athletes on this team a chance to showcase their abilities, and I’m going to go out there and lay it on the line for coach Scott,” Kelly said of first-year offensive coordinator Larry Scott. “This is definitely going to be a different offense.”

And this is a different kind of kid, his well-documented passion for skateboarding a prime example. Kelly came in as a freshman and threw himself into special teams so he could contribute. His enthusiasm on the practice field was eye-opening from the start and has only increased since then. His physicality at 5-foot-9, 205 pounds can startle, but he spent the offseason studying to improve his pass protection and working on his open-field elusiveness.

“I’m not afraid of contact but, I mean, I’d rather not get tackled,” said Kelly, who is at once the tone-setter and barometer for this team.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...llow-heart-running-back-john-kelly/554397001/

So you are confirming interviews are happening??? :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: Where can I buy cheap bottled water? :scare: :scare: :scare:

When were they FIRST conducted? If they weren't, that's on the NCAA. They follow-up on everything...they're just getting to this. Over in the next county, a piece of sky is drooping!....:gone:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
When were they FIRST conducted? If they weren't, that's on the NCAA. They follow-up on everything...they're just getting to this. Over in the next county, a piece of sky is drooping!....:gone:

Interviews done around the firing would have been normal and not alarming but a year later is the key. IF interviews are happening now then that's worrisome and anyone saying otherwise is being foolish.

Not even mentioned on sports center. But oh they mentioned Garrett quite a bit

I just saw a blog that said Garrett "chased down Kamara"..... lol. Makes it sound like he ran him down. The truth is Kamara broke to the outside and Garrett took of down field IN FRONT of Kamara and isn't even the one who made the tackle. Smh there was no chasing down. Although I will give credit, that's more effort than I saw from him in college.

Reactions: 3 people
We'll just shelve this with the other freakouts you've contributed to...anybody member "police called Butch"Gate? :)

Mr.hall monitor you need to get a better understanding of the word freakouts.

Did you enjoy being a hall monitor or RA better?

I am betting you loved turning in your classmates for sneaking beer into the dorm.

Reactions: 1 person
Mr.hall monitor you need to get a better understanding of the word freakouts.

Did you enjoy being a hall monitor or RA better?

I am betting you loved turning in your classmates for sneaking beer into the dorm.

Dammit Butchna I knew that was you

I can vouch for who VFL10 is. He's not a troll...a diehard TN fan, like all of us. I know he graduated recently from TN and has a friend in the media. Not sure who all he knows that may be in the AD. I know he's passing on info he hears and isn't making up some false info to stir the pot, as I know he wouldn't lie. Whether his connection is hearing accurate info or not, I have no idea. Personally, I doubt anything would come from this, if it is true. TN saw a problem and fired the problem. End of story.

I appreciate that OG. And that's exactly what I hope happens. I probably should not have said "Could be bad" in my original post because I really do not know the extent to which this has gone yet. I will pass along any updates as I get them.

One tackle at a time...

....at 16 games per season, sprinkle in some playoff games.... estimate 500 or so career tackles to be in HOF discussion.... calculating..... ok. He'll only need to play about 31 or 32 seasons. Get ready Canton!

Reactions: 4 people
This Spognardi thing is old news. An audit found financial discrepancies in receipts from a bowl game, and Spognardi was immediately place on leave while UT's compliance office investigated. State auditors followed up with their own investigation, which opened the UTAD books for a broader investigation. Those findings lead to his firing. UT did everything required by law, and the investigation continues because UTAD financial records during Spognardi's tenure are being thoroughly audited. Standard stuff.

It's a legal matter. Spognardi hired one of Fulmer's and Haslam's attorneys, who is blaming the missing cash on UT's bookkeeping. UT will probably overhaul the entire accounting system, which is much-needed, and Spognardi will go elsewhere.

Reactions: 15 people
....at 16 games per season, sprinkle in some playoff games.... estimate 500 or so career tackles to be in HOF discussion.... calculating..... ok. He'll only need to play about 31 or 32 seasons. Get ready Canton!

Sprinkle in some playoff games? You must not know, he plays for the Browns lol

Reactions: 3 people
This Spognardi thing is old news. An audit found financial discrepancies in receipts from a bowl game, and Spognardi was immediately place on leave while UT's compliance office investigated. State auditors followed up with their own investigation, which opened the UTAD books for a broader investigation. Those findings lead to his firing. UT did everything required by law, and the investigation continues because UTAD financial records during Spognardi's tenure are being thoroughly audited. Standard stuff.

It's a legal matter. Spognardi hired one of Fulmer's and Haslam's attorneys, who is blaming the missing cash on UT's bookkeeping. UT will probably overhaul the entire accounting system, which is much-needed, and Spognardi will go elsewhere.

As long as the interviews aren't coming from the NCAA it shouldn't be anything to worry about. Is that the rumor or not?

Don't be raining on people's parades. There are folks longing for negativity around here.

Reactions: 8 people
So you are confirming interviews are happening???

Surely you are smart enough to realize if interviews are being conducted a year later that isn't a good thing

I'm confirming nothing, just going on OGBabyAvi's character endorsement to assume the factual part of VFL10's post was accurate. I only have a problem with the opinion part of his post.

NCAA drags it's feet on everything. I'd be more surprised and worried if they did something quickly TBH. I am smart enough to realize that you love to stir up drama though. :wink2:

Reactions: 6 people

That's refreshing. Last thing we need is a cotton picking NCAA investigation.

kahlil mckenzie got plenty of love for his strength numbers he released on twitter a few weeks back. Among his notable feats were his 16 reps of 275 pounds on the bench press. The nfl does 225 pounds at the combine, so throwing an additional 50 pounds just adds to how impressive the junior is physically in the weight room right now. Still, some fans will be surprised to learn that while mckenzie is a beast, he was not the best on the team for his max reps at 275 pounds. That actually went to senior offensive lineman brett kendrick with 19 reps. Meanwhile, freshman trey smith wowed everyone tallying 18 reps. That's some truly impressive numbers from the likely starters along the right side of the offensive line for ut.

As for the offensive line, kendrick returned to practice this week and his competition at right tackle, marcus tatum, is likely set to be back this weekend. Getting all of the linemen back — including smith and jashon robertson — is paramount for the vols to figure out their starting five for georgia tech.

Elsewhere, after being hampered on tuesday, we are told wideout josh smith was back at practice on wednesday, while linebacker quart’e sapp ditched the green jersey wednesday — which is a good sign for the georgia native as he pushes cortez mcdowell for the will spot.

Speaking of linebackers, defensive coordinator bob shoop noted after missing the first week of fall camp, darrin kirkland, jr. Has been extremely impressive. There's no debating who the starter is at middle linebacker and that's kirkland. But shoop does plan on rotating more as a whole defensively which is means you are going to see a guy like colton jumper and why shoop referred to him as a 1b at middle linebacker.

Before the injuries, tennessee was set to host its first and possibly only true scrimmage of fall camp on saturday. That won't take place, as the scrimmage has tentatively been pushed back to wednesday.

Tennessee spent both tuesday and wednesday working on georgia tech. The vols have will mcbride and seth washington running the scout team as they prep for the yellow jackets.

-vq

gbo

I'm confirming nothing, just going on OGBabyAvi's character endorsement to assume the factual part of VFL10's post was accurate. I only have a problem with the opinion part of his post.

NCAA drags it's feet on everything. I'd be more surprised and worried if they did something quickly TBH. I am smart enough to realize that you love to stir up drama though. :wink2:

If the NCAA investigates anything it's because someone turned in a school or the school self reported issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back