'19 AL OL Amari Kight

Vols4life

Chalupa Batman
Last edited:
He is, they moved here for their son.

And people saying Bama moved a kid from high priced Hawaii are kinda crazy. Pretty sure they're fine financially if they were living in that expensive state.

I don't blame them at all for moving. I know I'd move if my kid played football across the country. Especially in a state that had a lot less taxes to pay.

So if he is Tua's brother and his family moved to Bama so they could be closer to their son, u gotta think Amari is a Bama lock, right?

He is, they moved here for their son.

And people saying Bama moved a kid from high priced Hawaii are kinda crazy. Pretty sure they're fine financially if they were living in that expensive state.

Moving from Hawaii to Bama is like going from a 10 to a 2. They must be absolutely disgusted right now. Prayers for their family.

Reactions: 2 people
From Rivals:

Amari Kight lets his play do most of his talking for him. He is not one that does a ton of interviews, he is not on social media all that often, but do not let his quiet personality fool you.

The 6-foot-6, 300 pound offensive tackle out of Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson is one of the top prospects in the country. He makes plenty of noise between the lines.

Notre Dame is his most recent offer and he holds around two dozen total. He has visited three schools so far in 2018 and he will take more in the coming months.

"I have gotten out to visit Georgia, Alabama and Clemson so far," said Kight. "I will get to Auburn this spring. I want to check out LSU again. I will visit other schools too. I am looking at trips to Oklahoma, Texas A&M and some others.

"I could end up taking a couple of my official visits this spring, but nothing is scheduled yet. I am just trying to get out and see as many places as I can right now."

Alabama is a home-state school and out of the three schools he has visits this year, that is the one he is most familiar with. He has visited Tuscaloosa a handful of times and the Crimson Tide are going after Kight hard.

"I have been to Alabama for games, camps, Junior Days and all that, so I cannot even say how many times I have been there. It has been a lot though and I like it.

"The people there are great. I like the coaches and the feel there. They make me feel like a priority and I really feel at home. I have been talking to offensive line coach [Brent] Key for a while now and we talk a couple of times a week."

The No. 4-ranked prospect in Alabama recently made his second trip to Athens. He camped at Georgia last summer and he returned last month.

"I like Georgia's blend of academics and football," said Kight. "The coaching staff is cool too. I have been talking to coach [Sam] Pittman and coach [Glenn] Schumann and they are both great guys. I have had a good time each time I was there."

Right up the road from Georgia is Clemson. Kight went down the big orange slide for the first time earlier this year and the Tigers made a strong first impression.

"I really had a good time up at Clemson. Their facilities are great, the coaches were cool to be around and I liked being around the players too. They have a couple of coaches (Robbie Caldwell and Todd Bates) recruiting me and I will probably get back up there."

Kight said he is looking for a school that makes him feel like a priority and at home. Numerous schools are doing that. The three has talked about above along with Auburn, LSU, Tennessee and many others.

Auburn is recruiting him "pretty hard" and he is building a connection with new offensive line coach JB Grimes at this time. He has visited the Plains a couple of times and he plans to return soon.

The biggest attraction to Auburn is the "family feeling".

He has attended an LSU game and he called that experience "electric". He "loved it" and he has been in contact with offensive line coach James Cregg.

A visit to Knoxville is likely to happen this spring.

Kight is going to spend a lot of time on the road in the coming months to learn as much as he can about the different schools he is interested in. He knows the decision in the end will not be an easy one.

"Every school I have visited so far has made me feel comfortable," said Kight. "All schools have great coaches. It is going to be a tough decision, but I think when I am ready, I will have a good idea where I need to go.

"I do not plan to make my decision until after the season, so I have a lot of time to find the right school. I do not have any favorites right now."

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back