'18 GA OLB Adam Anderson

Bad thread title. He just DE-commited from LSU. Probably headed to UGA...

Since he de-committed today, 24/7 only has 5 offers listed at this point. Weird if Butch has not given him an offer. I would think Chatman will be, or has been in his ear just a little.

Reactions: 2 people
Anderson decomitting gives Tennessee the #1 class in the SEC right now. Kinda meaningless in July, but still pretty cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170706-235608.jpg
    Screenshot_20170706-235608.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: 5 people
Anyone know how many available spots do we have for this class
If I'm not mistaken we will be able to take at least a normal load of 25. We should have room for at least 8 more. This is almost certainly going to be a top 10 class at the rate we're going.

I still expect a top 5 class out of Saban come February but it is more than a little surprising they have as few commits as they do at this point in the cycle.

Since he de-committed today, 24/7 only has 5 offers listed at this point. Weird if Butch has not given him an offer. I would think Chatman will be, or has been in his ear just a little.

He has over 50 offers, he is the #1 OLB in the nation. It's up to him, his family, coach, etc to tell recruiting sites how many offers and who they are from. Anderson doesn't care, he got the offer he first wanted and committed awhile back before flipping to LSU to get his buddies scholarships at a big school in Griffin and Chatman, both teammates. Chairman is worth a stand alone offer, Griffin is not. Would be a good get for Tn.

Reactions: 1 person

UGA is the favorite, he was actually committed to them before LSU

Tenn & Bama will definitely continue to recruit him though.

Unfortunately no.

The Vols still want to add another pass rusher, but they're not in the conversation for OLB/DE Adam Anderson, who decommitted from LSU on Thursday. While Anderson is Rome teammates and friends with Jamrcus Chatman, he's likely destined for UGA or Alabama

-- VQ

This is the slowest I have ever seen Bama at this point in the recruiting cycle under Saban.

It is really strange. I mean, normally Bama is pretty relentless during the summer. They had 15 commits by the end of July last year. This year, they have 6.

Wonder what is giving there? There's the obvious thought (Maybe Saban isn't going as hard in recruiting because retirement is near??) But....just a different trend then we are used to seeing.

He has over 50 offers, he is the #1 OLB in the nation. It's up to him, his family, coach, etc to tell recruiting sites how many offers and who they are from. Anderson doesn't care, he got the offer he first wanted and committed awhile back before flipping to LSU to get his buddies scholarships at a big school in Griffin and Chatman, both teammates. Chairman is worth a stand alone offer, Griffin is not. Would be a good get for Tn.

Yeah Griffin's offer list looks odd with only LSU and UT the big time offers. One can only assume that LSU will ask him to look elsewhere.

It is really strange. I mean, normally Bama is pretty relentless during the summer. They had 15 commits by the end of July last year. This year, they have 6.

Wonder what is giving there? There's the obvious thought (Maybe Saban isn't going as hard in recruiting because retirement is near??) But....just a different trend then we are used to seeing.

I actually think recruits see that 5 stars may ride the bench a couple of years and don't want to wait. When their 3rd string is some 4 star stud, it's hard to convince them that they will have a chance at early playing time. Also with all that talent, AL doesn't put an inordinate amount of players in the NFL compared to other programs with less.

While it looks like it will come down to UGA, Bama or possibly Clemson. A UGA insider over on DawgNation said that Tennessee could be an official visit destination for Anderson because of his relationship with Chatman. And when you get people on campus anything can happen

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back