'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
19 WV OL Darnell Wright

orlrjfbhg4hr4n7oxu93

Huntington
Huntington, WV
RR: 6.1
Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 275 lbs
Class: 2019

Rivals.com

Darnell Wright, Huntington, Offensive Tackle

[hudl]3/7933411/582dfb535b3cb0279cbe06db[/hudl]

Wright visited for OCD couple weekends ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes sir, I loved it," Wright said. "It was nice and they had some good food too. I'm not going to lie. The people (stood out) for real. Everyone was nice and everyone was welcoming."

Wright has built a very good bond with offensive line coach Walt Wells. The laid back Wright always carries a big smile and the ever light hearted Wells bring the funny side to recruiting. "He just wanted me down here," Wright said. "He's a cool guy and definitely funny. I liked him. He's just a pretty funny guy. A lot of joking and laughing."

The chance to spend time with other prospects, current players and the Tennessee staff left an impression on Wright. He also was blown away by the biggest part of his visit. "The stadium," Wright said. "I've never seen anything like the stadium. I didn't expect it to be that big. It was huge. The size and everything is brick. That is cool."

He was accompanied on his visit by his head coach and East Tennessee native, Billy Seals. The longtime defensive guru that led Huntington to the state championship game just a few years ago isn't shy about which school he is rooting for each Saturday. That also puts Tennessee in a pressure packed situation to live up to the stories told to Wright.

"It definitely exceeded it," Wright said. "It better have been good as much as (Seals) talks about it in class every day." Wright has offers from everywhere. Ohio State, Florida, Virginia Tech and the Vols are just a few of the schools that frequent West Virginia. He's also done very well at camps this spring, including the Rivals 5-Star challenge.

"I'm happy," Wright said. "I've just been working and finally it's paying off. It's just a blessing. (Billy Ross) showed me the ropes with recruiting and everything. Just told me to take it easy and not think to much about it. Just keep working hard." And as for a return visit to Rocky Top? "I want to come back for sure," Wright said. "I think I'm going to come to the Georgia game. That will be fun. Everyone here is having a good time."

-VQ

4 star on 247 and Rivals with a very good offer list already. It is good that we have offered early and showed him the love during OCD.

Doesn't Nester attend the same school as Locklear did? I thought that might help us, but doesn't really seem to be so far.

Yes, Nester attends Spring Valley, but tOSU seems to be his favorite right now. Wright attends Huntington High which is where Billy Ross, OL recruit from 17 class that we pursued attended. He signed with UNC. Lots of big boys up here coming out of Huntington.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, Nester attends Spring Valley, but tOSU seems to be his favorite right now. Wright attends Huntington High which is where Billy Ross, OL recruit from 17 class that we pursued attended. He signed with UNC. Lots of big boys up here coming out of Huntington.

Isn't that the school that produces a lot of basketball recruits?

Huntington yes Patrick Patterson went to uk and oj mayo but spring valley is the other Huntington school and they put out pretty good football players every year

Isn't that the school that produces a lot of basketball recruits?

Huntington yes Patrick Patterson went to uk and oj mayo but spring valley is the other Huntington school and they put out pretty good football players every year

Correct on Patterson & Mayo, although Mayo bounced around to several schools (Rose Hill Christian in Ashland, KY and North College Hill in Cincinnati).

He is probably thinking of Huntington Prep Academy when referring to the school that produces a lot of D1 talent. Andrew Wiggins, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Moses Kingsley, Gorgui Dieng, former Vol Dominic Woodson, and former Tennessee commit Travon Landry, who ended up at New Mexico State. Jalen Lindsay also transferred to HP from Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville before going to Providence.

Reactions: Remy
Agreed on Huntington prep. They are a basketball power and lots of talent but this kid is really the first big time recruit for them since the school was built. Spring valley always has one or 2 pretty good players. Wellman the fullback at wvu is from there also he will have a NFL chance at h back I would say or at least a look

Agreed on Huntington prep. They are a basketball power and lots of talent but this kid is really the first big time recruit for them since the school was built. Spring valley always has one or 2 pretty good players. Wellman the fullback at wvu is from there also he will have a NFL chance at h back I would say or at least a look

Wright plays for Huntington High, not Huntington Prep. Two different schools. Prep doesn't even have a football team. In fact, they are a shell program whose players attend St. Joseph's Catholic for school, but play basketball for the Huntington Prep program. Prep doesn't have any academic affiliation.

Huntington High produced 3* OL Billy Ross, who we recruited last season.

From Rivals:

4* OT Darnell Wright

“Wright is a great prospect with the size, frame, quickness and length to be a franchise left tackle. He has the agility to stop speed rushes on the outside but is strong enough to prevent defensive linemen from beating him inside. Alabama, Ohio State, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Kentucky and North Carolina are in the best position with Wright.”

elsewhere, a number of out-of-state targets litter the top250, with 4-star offensive tackle darnell wright headlining the list. Wright attended ‘orange carpet day’ and holds tennessee among his leaders with alabama, ohio state, virginia tech and north carolina.

- vq

Reactions: 2 people
End up getting this guy and better off than with that kid from Catholic...what’s his name?

Let's just take over WV. I want this kid and Nester.

My son will be ready for class of 2025!! Ha! He's 10 and 5'2, 125 already!

This kid is from the same hs Riley Locklear is from I believe.

Never mind, just read locklear went to Spring Valley, and this kid is at Huntington High.

Last edited:
My son will be ready for class of 2025!! Ha! He's 10 and 5'2, 125 already!

This kid is from the same hs Riley Locklear is from I believe.

Never mind, just read locklear went to Spring Valley, and this kid is at Huntington High.
Try 4'5" & 100 pounds, at 6 years old. He will be 7 in September.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back