Offense Wins Championships.
4_5318016.jpg

Columbus, GA (Northside)

Outside Linebacker, Weak-Side Defensive End

Ht 6-4 Wt 245 CLASS OF 18

http://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Johnson-46039296

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/caleb-johnson-63683

[hudl]3/5117088/580688a990f99319ec96622c[/hudl]

Vols offered and he's expected in for OCD later this month.

I work with this kids mom. He really likes UT but almost every school is chasing him. I think he will blow up. He is only 16 and will be an EE.

Reactions: 2 people
Thigpen retweeted. Wonder where he stands on our board?

[twitter]https://twitter.com/caleb_johnson22/status/882709744653393925[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/caleb_johnson22/status/882668055616258048[/twitter]

My great nephew kicks at Columbus HS, but works out with some guys at Northside. UF was on Caleb early, probably leaning to the Gators at this point. I don't think he camps, don't know why.

On Caleb Johnson and Caleb Kelly...

Both Georgia natives are legit options for WDE spot. Probably 2A/2B after Azeez. I don't know for certain that Kelly's Stanford offer is real, but I'd lean yes. He's a strong academic prospect, as indicated by his interest in UVA, Vandy. Johnson is probably closer to a decision than Kelly right now, but he's a prospect on the rise. Got an Auburn offer in May, UGA showing some interest.

-Simonton

I think Tennessee's in better shape with Johnson than Kelly right now. Both are still are climbing on up on the board.

-Hubbs

More from Simonton on DE board...

Azeez still top target but Vols battling 4-5 teams there. Johnson/Kelly probably 2A/2B right now, leapfrogging guys like Jibunor, Fulwider. Obviously, UT would love Jordan Davis. Will be interesting to see how it feels someone like Oladele now after his workout. Anderson is kind of in his own category bc Tennessee has a lot of ground to make up there but he's an auto take no matter what if he wants in.

Reactions: 5 people
Defensive end remains a tough position to track. The Vols have a lot of momentum with Caleb Johnson, and they’ve recently ramped up their interest on Richard Jibunor (who plans to commit in late August), too. Tennessee will make the numbers work if guys like Azeez Ojulari or Adam Anderson want in, but the Vols do not expect to land either prospect at this time.

-VQ

Offers from Vols, UF, LSU, Miami, Auburn but ranked as a 2 Star (70) on 247 lol.

IN HIS OWN WORDS: "I am not ready to commit yet," said Johnson. "I am going to take at least some of the official visits, see what schools come through with official offers and then I will make my decision. I am not ready yet."

TWO OFFICIAL VISITS SCHEDULED: "I am going to Georgia for their first home game (September 2 against Appalachian State) for an official visit, then I am going to Tennessee (Indiana State) the next week for an official visit. I have already scheduled those and set those up with the coaches. Those are the only two so far."

FIVE SEC SCHOOLS STAND OUT: "I am high on Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU and Florida. I stay in contact with all of them, but Georgia and Tennessee are the two recruiting me the hardest. Tennessee really does a great job staying in contact with my mother too."

LOTS OF LOVE FROM UT: "I cannot tell you which coach I talk to at Tennessee because it is really all of them. I talk to the assistant coaches and coach [Butch] Jones, so they all are recruiting me. I really like what coach Jones has done there and I like how it feels like one big family up there. Everyone gets along and it is a great school."

THREE VISITS TO ATHENS: "I have visited Georgia the most and I like it up there. I have always liked Georgia and I hung out with the coaches one visit, I was there for G-Day (spring game) and in the middle, I went to a camp and worked out. Georgia is the home-state school, so I like that and I like Kirby Smart and the coaching staff."

RELATIONSHIPS IMPORTANT: "When I commit, I want to go where I get along with the players. They will be the guys I see the most, so that is important to me. That is why official visits will be important for me. I also want to go where I have a chance to compete for early playing time."

RIVALS REACTION: Johnson said all schools on his list are recruiting him "hard", but Tennessee may be the school pushing for him the most right now. Not only are the Volunteers recruiting him, but the staff in Knoxville is recruiting those close to him as well. Could Tennessee have the edge? Johnson did not want to name a leader at this stage, but he did speak very highly of the Volunteers. He talked about waiting to see what schools officially will offer him. Tennessee has offered. Florida has let him know he is high on their board. He is going to take official visits early in the season and a decision could come by mid-season."

-Simmons

I really like this kid. Would not be disappointed at all with his commitment. Big guy that plays linebacker in high school.

Our staff shows recruits the difference between being recruited and showing the recruit how much he is wanted.

Reactions: 1 person
Johnson will be in Knoxville for the game as an UOV this weekend...

In terms of targets, defensive end prospect Caleb Johnson is also slated to be in town. The Northside (Ga.) product remains a priority as a defensive end for the Vols, and Tennessee feels good about its positioning with the 3-star prospect, who also tripped to Tennessee this summer.

-VQ

VN Store

Back