'20 WR Leonard Manuel (UT COMMIT 6/4/17)

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
Tennessee has gotten off to a strong start in their 2018 recruiting class. And now they’re beginning to lay the ground work for the 2020 class, as they’ve landWhile there aren’t rankings out for the 2020 class yet, it’s apparent that Manuel is a highly coveted player. The 6-foot-4 wide receiver also held offers from Miami, Florida State and Michigan.

As for the Vols 2018 recruiting class, Butch Jones and company’s 12-man class is ranked second among SEC teams and No. 9 overall in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. The Volunteers also have 3 commitments in their 2019 class.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...d-commitment-promising-2020-wr-leonard-manuel

Reactions: 2 people
This kid is huge for his age. Anybody know the coaching connection or if he has visited UT yet? Side note, the kid is a pretty good writer judging from his announcement.

This kid is huge for his age. Anybody know the coaching connection or if he has visited UT yet? Side note, the kid is a pretty good writer judging from his announcement.

Really don't have any direct knowledge, but I would think that Beard and Scott was a key determining factor in getting a commitment from this kid. I'm starting to notice that a great deal of attention is being paid to the South Florida area when UT recruits WR's now. Even if it means neglecting local targets. Ex. Higgins and now Scurry.

Really don't have any direct knowledge, but I would think that Beard and Scott was a key determining factor in getting a commitment from this kid. I'm starting to notice that a great deal of attention is being paid to the South Florida area when UT recruits WR's now. Even if it means neglecting local targets. Ex. Higgins and now Scurry.

They didn't neglect Higgins.....

Ah Geez... seriously? I know you can't please everyone but you'd think someone would be happy.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/begreatliltone2/status/888031240858816512[/twitter]

Ok. So the middle school class has all opened it back up. Those must have been the decommits that were alluded to.

I hope we get this guy back on board I a few years.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we'll get Otey and maybe Friday back, this guy will end up at a Florida school imo

5bd.jpg

I give Newt the binness over it, but it's true... if it's not an instate player who has loved Tennessee since birth, I'm going to respond to 2 year away commitments with, "OK"

It's just a danged if you do....danged if you don't situation. You have to take the commitment, knowing it is almost certain that the player will decommit before signing day and you will have to continue to recruit him. Of course, even if he remains "committed," you have to continue to recruit him.

I know broken record but I just dont see why you HAVE to take the commitment. Looks like you could massage the message to the kid and say hey man think it over, wait a bit, then when you feel you are really ready to make what the real definition of a commitment is, then call us. These kids are just using it early in the process to get attention. Its like a kid running around a restaurant and the parents just letting them do it. Some responsibility for curbing these baby games fall on the coaching staffs.

Personally I would rather lose a few commits to stick to our guns and make it mean something.

VN Store

Back