Fort Myers, FL (Dunbar)
Athlete
Ht 6-1
Wt 170
CLASS OF 18

247 - Shocky Jacques-Louis, Dunbar, Athlete

SCOUT - Shocky Jacques-Louis, Dunbar, Athlete

ESPN - Shocky Jacques-Louis - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

OFFERS - AppSt, BG, CentMich, Cincy, UGa, UInd, Maryland, UMinn, Mizzou, UNC, Rutgers, USCe, Cuse, UConn, CC, FIU, L'Ville, MichSt, UCF, USF, UVa, VOLS

[HUDL]3/4089286/5721c8ffe984d413d40f688e[/HUDL]

He's a UK commit with a good offer list. UF and FSU haven't offered and will probably be a contender if offered.

Should make the All-Name Team.

Same HS as 2017 EE Shannon Reid. This should help in his rcruitment when he sees Shannon out there contributing this season.

Shocky Jacques-Louis Louie
Louie Louie you're gonna cry....

Reactions: 1 person
Jacques-Louis, a 6-foot-1, 175-pound athlete who excels in baseball and basketball, too, has immediately connected with Tennessee receivers coach Kevin Beard. Jacques-Louis said he likes Beard’s “swag” and that it’s easy to relate with the assistant coach since they both hail from similar backgrounds. The Vols’ first-year coach notoriously made his bones down in South Florida, playing and coaching at Miami, so Jacques-Louis said they’ve bonded over “real conversations about life.” “Where he comes from, where I come from. We can (relate),” he added.“We Florida boys got that type of swag, so that’s what we can connect on. I just know it because that’s how he talks.”

For now, Jacques-Louis is “still solid to Kentucky,” but the recent rash of offers has given him some pause. He’s received scholarships from Tennessee, Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, Oregon State and Louisville just in the last month. To make sure he’s 100 percent comfortable with his decision, Jacques-Louis said he’s “definitely visiting other schools, and Tennessee will definitely be one of them that (gets an official visit).”

Due to family financial constraints, Jacques-Louis plans to see most of these schools — particularly Michigan and Tennessee — with his family on official visits this fall. However, he is also scheduled to be on Rocky Top for the first time Tuesday, as a trip with his 7-on-7 team is set to include stops at Florida, Florida State and then Tennessee.

Another wrinkle in Jacques-Louis’ decision is the recruitment of his twin brother Rocky Jacques-Louis. With 26 sacks last season, the undersized defensive end broke JeVon Kearse’s single-season sack record in Lee County, but Rocky’s recruitment has been much slower than his brother’s.

For now, the 6-foot-2, 205-pound defensive end holds early interest from UCF and Central Michigan, but Shocky is hoping other schools — starting with Kentucky — take notice, too. “If there’s an opportunity where we like the same school, we’re going to take that chance to go to that school to be together because we’ve never been apart our whole lives. It would just be easier if he was there,” Shocky said. “He likes Kentucky. I’m pretty sure Kentucky likes him, but I guess he’s not on the top of their list. They haven’t offered him yet.”

-VQ

Four-star rising senior wide receiver/athlete Shocky Jacques-Louis of Dunbar High School in Fort Myers, Fla., a Kentucky commitment, told GoVols247 that he's planning to visit Tennessee on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Jacques-Louis, who has been committed to the Wildcats since April 21, will be visiting the Vols for the first time. He received a scholarship offer from Tennessee on May 22 and now holds offers from more than 25 schools.

He said he likes what he has heard about the Vols, including one of their academic programs.

"I'm interested in forensic science and heard they got one of the best programs in the country," Jacques-Louis said.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
Wow. You cannot make up these names. I think that these might be my all time favorites. Shocky and Rocky Jacques-Louis?

Epic.

Only question I have is we've read a lot that UT is looking for a bigger receiver for that third spot, and that is why we haven't been aggressive with Camron Johnson. (6' 176lbs)

This kid is average height and very lean. 6'1" 170lbs)

Vols definitely making a move. Be interested in what he says after recent visit. Know UT would like him back for Orange Carpet Day, too.

Don't think he's close to a decision. He just recently narrowed down his list down. Hoping to talk to him after today's visit to see if he plans on being back up here for OCD. Would be huge for Vols.

-- Simonton

On if we're recruiting his brother, package deal type thing.

Tennessee not recruiting Rocky.

-- Simonton

Tennessee also hosted a bunch of South Florida targets, including Jeshaun Jones and Shocky Jacques-Louis. Both Fort Myers natives have emerged as legit options for the Vols’ final WR spot. Jones is in no hurry to make a decision, but has visited Tennessee a couple times now.

Tuesday was jacques-louis’ first trip to town and the kentucky wideout commit walked away very impressed. Both kids were longtime friends of freshman linebacker shanon reid, who ate lunch with them and hung out during some of the tours. Jacques-louis is a guy who’s really meshed with kevin beard and likes beard’s style and swag. While the wideout remains loyal to the wildcats for now, he’s definitely leaving the door open for other schools. He has no plans to visit uk again until the fall for an ov and said both tennessee and michigan are guaranteed official visits with his family this fall.

One more quick note from jacques-louis: When talking about his relationship with reid, unprompted he said, “the man is getting a lot bigger. He wasn’t that big when he was down here. Weight room.”

(rock gullickson sheepishly grins and nods)

- vq

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
It's going to be interesting to see how the final WR spot plays out.

We already have an elite guy (in my opinion) in the fold in Taylor and it seems like Antoine Greene is the guy who is blowing up more than anyone on the remaining board. He's picked up a boatload of truly elite offers in the last month. And then you have guys like Jacques-Louis, Bush and even Cam'ron Johnson still out there as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how the final WR spot plays out.

We already have an elite guy (in my opinion) in the fold in Taylor and it seems like Antoine Greene is the guy who is blowing up more than anyone on the remaining board. He's picked up a boatload of truly elite offers in the last month. And then you have guys like Jacques-Louis, Bush and even Cam'ron Johnson still out there as well.

Agreed.

We are assuming that McClay will be a WR, correct? I haven't paid much attention to his thread since he committed, but is Penix a legitimate candidate to move to WR in college? I thought I read that he is not the athlete Jennings was; moreover, it will be tough for him at QB with Martinez in this class.

Agreed.

We are assuming that McClay will be a WR, correct? I haven't paid much attention to his thread since he committed, but is Penix a legitimate candidate to move to WR in college? I thought I read that he is not the athlete Jennings was; moreover, it will be tough for him at QB with Martinez in this class.

McClay is a CB but it seems almost like a sure thing he wont sign with TN. They mentioned that again in the VQ podcast today. The Harris kid from GA is the other WR commit.

And yeah I don't think Pennix is a legit WR candidate. He's a QB all the way IMO.

VN Store

Back