2018 RB Thread

The Dog

Because I Can
I think we will take 2 for 2018 class. I want Lyn-J Dixon and Master Teague. But, a nice consolation prize, would be the 2 kids out of Alabama, Tae Provens and Harold Joiner, imo. I guess we still have a chance of getting Corbin back, but usually, when a kid decommits, he rarely, ends up signing with that team.

Alright VolNation, which 2 do u all want and which 2 do u all think we get?

Like I said earlier, I want Lyn-J and Teague. But, after watching Provens and Joiner's highlights, they remind me of Kamara and Hurd. Gillespie has already stated, that Provens could come on and fill Kamara's role in the offense. Joiner is already 6'3, 220 lbs., which is very similar, in size, to Hurd. I know everybody hates Hurd, now. But, honestly, Hurd and Kamara were a great 1-2 punch. Of course, I think Butch should have made Kamara the 1 and Hurd the 2, but we did have success. Lyn-J, I think, can do everything Provens can, but probably, better. Either way, I want a big back like Joiner. Hopefully, we can get Joiner and team him up with, Lyn-J, Provens or even Teague.

Gonna see a lot of Teague and Lyn Dixon...

The guys I like we won't get but I like Chris Curry and Kirby Bennett

When u mentioned Curry and Bennett, I figured they would be top 10 RBs, but 247 composite has them at 26 and 40. I didn't get a chance to watch their film, yet. But, I will. Until then, why do u like 'em so much?

Like I said earlier, I want Lyn-J and Teague. But, after watching Provens and Joiner's highlights, they remind me of Kamara and Hurd. Gillespie has already stated, that Provens could come on and fill Kamara's role in the offense. Joiner is already 6'3, 220 lbs., which is very similar, in size, to Hurd. I know everybody hates Hurd, now. But, honestly, Hurd and Kamara were a great 1-2 punch. Of course, I think Butch should have made Kamara the 1 and Hurd the 2, but we did have success. Lyn-J, I think, can do everything Provens can, but probably, better. Either way, I want a big back like Joiner. Hopefully, we can get Joiner and team him up with, Lyn-J, Provens or even Teague.

We're not getting Joiner period......

When u mentioned Curry and Bennett, I figured they would be top 10 RBs, but 247 composite has them at 26 and 40. I didn't get a chance to watch their film, yet. But, I will. Until then, why do u like 'em so much?

Nope. You gotta find your diamonds man..Go check them out.. I would love to see the both of them play for us but there's no way a Curry gets out of Florida and Bennett has a bunch of offers

Provens is the one from Gurley right? Thats not far from the border, a good number of UT fans there.

Why not? I know u know the Bama kids. Any chance at Provens? I know he may not be a take, yet. I think I read somewhere, u said his back-up is even better

I don't know Provens but from the word on the streets Joiner recruiting Joiner right now is a waste of time.

His Backup is nasty though. You'll see him soon enough. He's a 2019 kid I want to say. He's already showcased his skills as a Sophomore.

Lyn-J has it all. He fights for every yard, has great vision, excellent hands, and he runs pretty good too. We really need him and any of the others mentioned so far will be a cherry on the top.

A combination of (or all of) Dixon, Provens, and Teague would be nice.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone kind of pops up out of nowhere over the summer.

Andrew Ellis just changed his crystal ball for him to foggy. Was considered a UGA lock. I wonder what's going on there

Have the feeling something is about to come out of Athens that's not good for them. Maybe NCAA investigation or something like that? How do you go from slaying it last class to what is happening on the recruiting trail now?

Nope. You gotta find your diamonds man..Go check them out.. I would love to see the both of them play for us but there's no way a Curry gets out of Florida and Bennett has a bunch of offers

I watched film on Curry. He seems to be more of a power back. Doesn't shy away from contact and very shifty in tight spots. Didn't look like he had elite speed, but plenty fast enough. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having him, but he would be way down my list. If I had to compare him to a former UT back, maybe Travis Henry, just not as powerful, yet. I will check out Bennett later 2night

Jarveon Howard film was impressive. Not sure about the competition he faced on the field but this guy is utilized outside and in the backfield and catches well, has good vision and quick feet with good speed. Even takes snaps out of the backfield.
Poor man's Cam Akers, maybe.

Jarveon Howard film was impressive. Not sure about the competition he faced on the field but this guy is utilized outside and in the backfield and catches well, has good vision and quick feet with good speed. Even takes snaps out of the backfield.
Poor man's Cam Akers, maybe.

I just watched 8 minutes of Howard's highlights. I agree with u, very impressive. Great hands, would be a great fit for our offense. Gillespie is from Mississippi, so that can't hurt. If we miss out on Lyn-J and Teague, I would be happy with this kid

Dixon! That's a pretty impressive offer list: Bama, Oklahoma, UF, UGA, ND, Michigan, LSU, Texas. 247 Crystal Ball has him a 100% lock to the Vols

I watched film on Curry. He seems to be more of a power back. Doesn't shy away from contact and very shifty in tight spots. Didn't look like he had elite speed, but plenty fast enough. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having him, but he would be way down my list. If I had to compare him to a former UT back, maybe Travis Henry, just not as powerful, yet. I will check out Bennett later 2night

Compared to the all time rushing leader? that works for me man. I think people get to caught up in the rankings.. IMO I want mack trucks in our backfield not gazelles.

Last edited:
Just watched Anthony Grant's highlights, not too bad! Looks really fast and seems to be strong, no arm tackles stopped him. For his coach, that's coached 21 years, say he is the smartest player he has coached had to stand for something.

VN Store

Back