'19 TX QB Grant Gunnell (transfer portal)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

Top-100 sophomore quarterback Grant Gunnell of St. Pius X High School in Houston posted Thursday on his Twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

"#AGTG I am extremely blessed and honored to receive an offer from Tennessee! Huge thanks to coach Canales
#GoVols,"
he tweeted, referring to first-year Vols quarterbacks coach Mike Canales.

The 6-foot-5, 203-pound Gunnell already has piled up offers from nearly 30 schools, including Florida State, Nebraska, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oregon, Missouri, Mississippi State, North Carolina, UCLA, Baylor and Wisconsin.

He's ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 53 overall prospect and No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the 2019 class

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Don't won't pro style doesn't fit the system and we won't tweet the system for a 5 star Pro QB we are Tennessee where 8 wins and win over a over rated little 10 school is good enough.:thud:

Don't won't pro style doesn't fit the system and we won't tweet the system for a 5 star Pro QB we are Tennessee where 8 wins and win over a over rated little 10 school is good enough.:thud:

200.gif

Watch bammer's O this season, their new OC worked for Belichick. Sad to say but they won't miss a beat.

Personally I'm glad we won't tweet the system (also that we don't won't tweet the system). Sounds like something Jack Sells would try to do.

Nick Krueger of Rivals posted this on VQ board a couple weeks ago...

New Hey guys, Rivals100 QB Grant Gunnell's father told me this morning that the new staff at Tennessee has offered him. Sounds like they are also trying to bring his teammates at St. Pius X - Jalen Curry and Chase Lane into the mix as well. Curry is also a Rivals100 WR in 2019, and Lane is a pretty good slot receiver. Gunnell and Lane both committed to Texas A&M during the summer, but teams are trying to drive a wedge in there now that the coaching staff has changed.

I know Gunnell had a particularly strong relationship with Noel Mazzone, who is now with Kevin Sumlin out at Arizona, so even though he has some family connection to A&M, he seems open to checking out some other possibilities. Gunnell's father also confirmed that he'll take Grant out to Knoxville here this spring - which likely means that Curry and Lane will come with.

Reactions: 11 people
I'd take him as our '19 QB. Let's get Peyton on the line and make sure he's on campus when Gunnell stops through.

VN Store

Back