3* player, 5'11.5" 172lbs., .8567 composite score, WR/CB,
high school junior, Salmen High School, Slidell, LA,
40 yd dash- 4.42
Shuttle- 3.99
Bench Press- 240
Squat- 405
Vertical- 30"

Class of 2018

#56th ranked CB & #609th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

Bio

2016: Smith played both sides of the ball for Slidell (La.) Salmen, where he caught 11 passes for 275 yards and five touchdowns, while recording 33 tackles, one tackle for loss, two INT's, and one defensive TD.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Max Preps

Rivals

Twitter

UT
offered on 4-18-17. Other offers include Miss State, Memphis, Oregon State, La. Tech, Southern Miss, UT, Tulane, UAB, Marshall, SDSU, & Ball State.

Last edited:
One name who hasn't been mentioned much, if at all, to keep an eye on is TCU CB commit Eddie Smith. He trains with JJ Mccleskey. Got a "re-offer" this week.

- Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
Three-star senior cornerback Eddie Smith of Salmen High School in Slidell, La., a TCU commitment, posted on his Twitter account that new Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff has confirmed his previous scholarship offer from the Vols.

Smith, who has been committed to TCU for almost six months, had received an offer from former Tennessee coach Butch Jones' staff in April. But Pruitt's staff didn't wait long to reach out to Smith and reiterate that he has an offer from the Vols after Pruitt was introduced Thursday as Jones' replacement.

"I appreciate Coach Pruitt and the new Tennesse coaching staff for reconfirming my offer #Govols," Smith tweeted.

The 6-foot-1, 181-pound Smith holds offers from more than 20 schools, including Georgia, Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss and Virginia Tech.

He's ranked the No. 720 overall prospect and No. 63 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class. He's also ranked by 247Sports as the No. 466 overall prospect and No. 41 cornerback in the 2018 class.

-- Callahan

Trained by JJ? I'm intrigued. Wish we had recruited his son.

“CB Eddie Smith. The Louisiana native decommitted from TCU tonight. He'll visit Tennessee in January. He trains with former Vol JJ Mccleskey and is friends with Tennessee DB Cheynnee Labruzza. Smith was offered by the previous staff but quickly re-offered once Pruitt got the job.”

Simonton

Reactions: 10 people
Big time speed and playmaking ability.

Need need need this kid.

More than Copeland.

Preferably we get both

The cornerback board continues to take shape, too, with former TCU commit Eddie Smith a real top target alongside Griffin. Isaac Taylor-Stuart, JUCO Mykael Wright, Vandy commit Rayshad Williams and Georgia Tech commit C’Boris Flemister are potential options as well but further down the list

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
If I’m reading the VQ post by Swanson above correctly, then we have this kid rated higher on our board than Taylor-Stuart?

VN Store

Back