Who's Next?

Been a while.

Looks like NOBODY. :wink: It has been a while but other teams are racking up. Some schools even getting commits on 1st time visits.

Some committing on getting offers on 1st time visits. Of all the visitors we've had this year so far & not a single one committed yet really concerns me. Surely, we could already have at least one recruit to commit.

Especially with so many bragging on what they seen & the fun they had while visiting UT. It's a big mystery to me. I'm not going to panic yet but we're behind the 8 ball for sure compared to so many other P5 schools.

#41st & falling from 247 Sports team rankings with only two commits & one of those is a little questionable in Taylor. Thanks.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like NOBODY. :wink: It has been a while but other teams are racking up. Some schools even getting commits on 1st time visits.

Some committing on getting offers on 1st time visits. Of all the visitors we've had this year so far & not a single one committed yet really concerns me. Surely, we could already have at least one recruit to commit.

Especially with so many bragging on what they seen & the fun they had while visiting UT. It's a big mystery to me. I'm not going to panic yet but we're behind the 8 ball for sure compared to so many other P5 schools.

#41st & falling from 247 Sports team rankings with only two commits & one of those is a little questionable in Taylor. Thanks.

Lunchmeat, how many times are you going to retype this? We get it. You're worried. Most of us aren't. We'll be aye ok

Reactions: 10 people
Other than the legacies and orange to the bone prospecs most will wait to see who we hire to replace Jones before committing. If we wait too long we can always cherry pick UTC, ETSU, TN Tech and Carson Newman classes.

Reactions: 2 people
Who knows? I do think we have different strategies every year. Last few years, strategy has been to load up fairly early...though avalanche didn't start until orange carpet day LY. Though always good to get commits on board, maybe we're swinging for higher level this year and being more patient? I really don't think there's any underlying "negative" reason we're not signing more right now. Don't think the "hot seat" thing is that relevant, and now that have AD in place for stability, and over all upgrades in staff, I'm not too worried about recruiting at this point.

Recruiting is fine, buddy. Some of you guys would be thrilled to have the class filled by now , which would probably be filled with mostly 3 stars. Relax. Thanks again, amigo

Last edited:
More concerned Trump is going to piss off ze Russians...or the little man in NK might accidentally hit something.

Relax and sing Rocky Top, February is a long way off.

Other than the legacies and orange to the bone prospecs most will wait to see who we hire to replace Jones before committing. If we wait too long we can always cherry pick UTC, ETSU, TN Tech and Carson Newman classes.

We are average Jones will be here at least 3 more years as long as he wins 7 or 8 games we are Tennessee we are not a elite program anymore we will battle it out for third in the East with SC and MIZZ, Kentucky and Vandy thats who we are we hire average people and we think 8 and 4 is good enough the coach said it and nobody above said anything so sit back and get ready for more Liberty Bowls and MUSIC CITY BOWLS because thats who we are.:eek:hmy:

I think we will see some commits at the O&W game too. Plus last year we had 8 commits at orange carpet day in June.

I was going to be next, but then I realized Tony hasn't even made me a thread yet, and said screw it. I'll wait now. Maybe take a few visits.

Just a kindly observation but I think you've already panicked....

You have been gone awhile. Post more. Wait...no....don't. We know your agenda and your schtick is lame.

Reactions: 5 people
Just a kindly observation but I think you've already panicked....

No, not in a panic yet. I'm an honest man. I admit though that I'm quite a but beyond concerned about the recruiting situation just because of how it's going with these recruits visiting & committing on the spot or accepting an offer while visiting a school & committing that way.

While, on the other hand, we have recruit after recruit visit & can't get a sniff at a possible commit. It just seems really odd especially for the recruits that speak so highly of us. Thanks.

VN Store

Back