'18 GA DE Azeez Ojulari

1608777.jpg

Azeez Ojulari

3* player, 6'4" 224lbs., DE(weak-side), high school junior,
.8333 composite score, Marietta High School, Marietta, GA,
40 yd dash- 4.70
Class of 2018

Football Stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/azeez-ojulari/afYGhyRHEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

#18th ranked DE(weak-side) & #366th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

Twitter

UT offered on 4-5-17. Other schools that have offered to date are Auburn, Georgia Tech, NC State, App State, Oklahoma, VT, UT, UNLV, Wake Forest, WKU, & Georgia with Duke also showing interest.

Last edited:
“I was surprised,” Ojulari said. “I didn't know it was coming at all. One of the coaches had been texting me through Twitter. They said they watched my film today.” The 6-foot-3, 225 pound defensive end is now up to 21 offers, and he's trying to learn more about his newest one. “I don't know much about Tennessee,” Ojulari admitted. “They are in the SEC and they play big time football. They have great tradition and it's a great school. Tennessee is a big time offer. “I have watched them some. I like Derek Barnett.”

Ojulari said some schools are recruiting him as a linebacker and some as both a linebacker and defensive end. His choice is defensive end because that's where he feels most comfortable. For now, Ojulari is just trying to get comfortable with a recruitment that's really started to take off and hit another level.

“It's crazy, I didn't think it would happen this fast,” Ojulari admitted. “Schools say they love my versatility and how hard I play. I play physical. I performed well at camps and that has gotten me more attention as my camp play has gotten them to watch my tape.

This spring, Ojulari has seen Clemson, Georgia, and Auburn. On Friday, he will see Alabama in his final trip of the spring before he gears up for a busy summer of unofficial visits. “I hope to see more schools this summer. Tennessee is one school I will for sure see. South Carolina is another. I'm probably going back to Auburn and Georgia. I'm also going out to see Oklahoma as well."

“Great academics,” Ojulari said. “A place where I can get my degree. They have to play big time football and place that feels like home.” For Ojulari the list of places where that will be possible is growing daily with Tennessee being the latest.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
He has a younger brother that UGA is recruiting as well I believe.

Bama has offered & when they did this kid was in total shock. He said that he didn't think he was personally good enough yet for a team of that level.

I dont know if I want him then.

I dont know if I want him then.

Because the way he was shocked over the Bama offer? He's a kid still. Teenager. We have to remember that. I understand what you're saying about possibly not being good enough to play for Bama but Bama is the standard when it comes to college football & way above us these days in comparison.

We couldn't have said that 15-20 years ago though. We were either even with Bama or even better as a football program back in the 90's-early 2000's.

Because the way he was shocked over the Bama offer? He's a kid still. Teenager. We have to remember that. I understand what you're saying about possibly not being good enough to play for Bama but Bama is the standard when it comes to college football & way above us these days in comparison.

We couldn't have said that 15-20 years ago though. We were either even with Bama or even better as a football program back in the 90's-early 2000's.

You said he didn't think he was good enough for a team of that level. If he doesn't think he can play for the best teams out there then he may not be ready for big boy SEC ball. Unless you took his comment out of context or something.

You said he didn't think he was good enough for a team of that level. If he doesn't think he can play for the best teams out there then he may not be ready for big boy SEC ball. Unless you took his comment out of context or something.

I didn't take it out of context. He just said that he was shocked to get an offer from a school like Bama. The standard in high class top notch football right now along with a select few other schools like a Clemson. He probably was saying that he wasn't ready for a school like Bama out of shock. That's what I think happened. Thanks.

I didn't take it out of context. He just said that he was shocked to get an offer from a school like Bama. The standard in high class top notch football right now along with a select few other schools like a Clemson. He probably was saying that he wasn't ready for a school like Bama out of shock. That's what I think happened. Thanks.

If he doesn't expect offers from the standard bearers then I am concerned. I think the best players would want offers from all of the top schools even if they don't plan to go there. If you are confident in your abilities then you expect offers from the best. Maybe I am reading to much into this but I want all of the kids we sign to expect offers from all the top schools. I want our players to know that they could play anywhere but choose UT because they love it and want to rep the Big Orange!

If he doesn't expect offers from the standard bearers then I am concerned. I think the best players would want offers from all of the top schools even if they don't plan to go there. If you are confident in your abilities then you expect offers from the best. Maybe I am reading to much into this but I want all of the kids we sign to expect offers from all the top schools. I want our players to know that they could play anywhere but choose UT because they love it and want to rep the Big Orange!

Gotcha & I do agree with you. I was just saying shock set in more than likely but he shouldn't be shocked to get offers from any school if he's good enough.

Then again, me being in shock before you are very capable to do or say lots of things out of character or normal. Thanks.

A guy dates a woman he loves for 2 years and may still be unsure of her response when he decides to propose, he can still find it hard to believe she said yes just as she can find it hard to believe he asked. Uncertainty is part of the human condition.

Five years ago this guy was 11.

Tony has convinced me. This kid is a train wreck! Shaky,unconfident and stinking of inferiority complex. We need to recruit strong kids who don't have nervous breakdowns at the mere offer of a Bama. Thanks! :wink:

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like a good prospect. Once again another loaded year for GA talent, hope Butch can stick his teeth in and grab a few quality prospects. About half of the top talent is already committed elsewhere.

Looks like a good prospect. Once again another loaded year for GA talent, hope Butch can stick his teeth in and grab a few quality prospects. About half of the top talent is already committed elsewhere.

Yeah. I like what I saw on his HUDL. I know that is highlights but he looks like he has some good moves and a good motor. He seems to stick with plays. I was messing with Tony because I think he took the kid's comments about the bama offer out of context. I'm sure this kid is plenty confident about his skills and abilities. He looks like a good prospect and I'm sure Hoke can coach him up if he chooses to come to UT.

EDIT: I just looked and Scout is the only site to show that we have even offered but Ron had quotes from VQ. Weird.

Last edited:
Yeah. I like what I saw on his HUDL. I know that is highlights but he looks like he has some good moves and a good motor. He seems to stick with plays. I was messing with Tony because I think he took the kid's comments about the bama offer out of context. I'm sure this kid is plenty confident about his skills and abilities. He looks like a good prospect and I'm sure Hoke can coach him up if he chooses to come to UT.

EDIT: I just looked and Scout is the only site to show that we have even offered but Ron had quotes from VQ. Weird.

There was a video of him posted on Bleacher report after he received the Bama offer. He was like a kid in total shock. I seen it myself. It's since been taken down for whatever reasons but he was just standing there in a glare with a look of shock on his face.

Nothing out of context. He was really shocked. I think he had it taken down for the very reasons you said. He didn't want people thinking any school like Bama was too good or big for him. That's what I think happened Glitch. Thanks buddy.

Derrick Tinsley is one of the coaches at Marietta. It will be a school I hope we can get some kids from over the next few years, not only because I live here, but they are loaded in the 2020 class. We are recruiting a 4* WR, Ramel Keyton, that is 2019 and there are 7 or 8 kids on the 2020 that are getting lots of offers. Harrison Bailey, a QB we have offered, may be the top player in the country that year.

Reactions: 1 person
Was here for O&W game...

We have an update with Azeez from Rivals camp. He spoke very highly on UT, Vols selling him hard on early playing time. He'll be back in town this summer for sure.

-Simonton

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back