4* player, 6'4" 265lbs., DT/DE, high school junior,
.8916 composite score, Fairmont High School, Fairmont, WV,
40 yd dash- 4.91
Shuttle- 4.32
Bench Press- 315
Squat- 365
Vertical- 31"
Class of 2018

Football Stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dante-stills/xnGBtCjTEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

#29th ranked DT & #323rd ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

Evaluation

Stills plays defensive end in a 3-4 defense, and at times will stand up and blitz. He fires off the ball well and disengages to get to the ball carrier. He can change direction, and he uses his length well. He plays with balance and body control, and adding a bit more flexibility will make him even quicker. He closes on the ball carrier well. He relies a lot on speed and athleticism, so he must continue to develop his hands and add to his moves so he is not predictable. -- Brian Dohn

Strengths

• Body Control and Balance
  • Change of Direction
  • Closing Speed
  • Disengaging Skills
  • Explosion
  • Size
  • Tackling Ability
Areas to Improve

• Hand Quickness
  • Pad Level
  • Techniques and Moves
247 Sports

Hudl

Rivals

Scout

Max Preps

Twitter

UT offered on 4-4-17. Mr. Stills now has over 20 D1 offers to date.

Last edited:
"I just started picking up some big offers," Stills said. "It started to slow up but then I got Tennessee, Oklahoma, Kentucky and others. Those SEC schools and stuff. I just recently started to narrow it down a little bit."

"I've never visited Tennessee," Stills said. "I've always wanted to get down there, and I wanted an offer from Tennessee. Hopefully I'll be able to get down there this spring or summer. I like coach Hoke a lot. He seems like a great guy and he is determined to win. He wants guys that want to play hard."

"I'm aggressive and I use my hands a lot," Stills said. "I'm more of a technique guy than a bull-rush guy. I'm a fast twitch and I leverage really good."

"I'm going to spend four years of my life at whatever school I pick so I want to make sure that school is where I want to be," Stills said.

"I have to figure out where I fit in coaching staff wise and my comfort level around. How my style of play relates to that school. But just where I feel comfortable and I'm able to be down there with that group of people and team for four years."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Four-star defensive tackle Dante Stills of Fairmont (W.Va.) High School said he’s hearing plenty from Tennessee defensive line coach Brady Hoke after getting an offer from the Vols in early April, and he’s “most likely” going to visit them sometime this summer. He said he also wants to visit Florida, Oklahoma, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Michigan State and Miami. West Virginia — where his father, Gary, played and where his brother, Darius Stills, is set to enroll this summer as a Class of 2017 signee — is the only school that has hosted Stills so far this year. The Mountaineers are widely viewed as the team to beat for Dante Stills, who earned an invitation to Nike’s The Opening with his impressive performance during Sunday’s camp.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back