Wide Receiver
Ht 6-1.5
Wt 176
CLASS OF 18

247 - http://247sports.com/Player/Jeshaun-Jones-94081

SCOUT - http://www.scout.com/player/207000-jeshaun-jones

RIVALS - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/103072

HUDL - http://www.hudl.com/profile/4647102/jeshaun-jones

OFFERS - Ark, Maryland, Akron, AppSt, ColoSt, FAU, Illi, IowaSt, KY, Marshall, UMinn, NCSt, UNC, OreSt, Rutgers, SoMiss, Cuse, Vols, UCF, USF, Wake, WshSt, Ducks

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know much, but I know a few people from my hometown that go there," Jones said. "They all give me good reviews about it. Tyler Byrd, Carlin (Fils-Aime) and Shanon Reid all rave about it. They tell me how great the fans are there and how great it is."

The man that has been making a lot of the in-roads in the Sunshine State is former Miami assistant and current Tennessee offensive coordinator Larry Scott. He and Jones have been in contact and the visit next week will be huge for their bonding."

I've only spoke to him on the phone once, but he seems like a really great guy," Jones said. "I've heard from multiple people that he is a good guy and I'll be there Monday to meet him in person. Just to meet him in person is very big."

"It all depends on the timing," Jones said. "I'm looking for the right fit so I'm not really sure at this point. I could see it before the season, or after the season depending on how I feel about each school and if I feel like I've found the right place for me."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Fort Myers (Fla.) wide receiver Jeshaun Jones was in Knoxville on Tuesday to checkout the Vols for a second time, and once again, Jones left Rocky Top impressed.

“It was great,” Jones said. “I just felt very welcomed. Because it was my second visit there things weren't strange. I was very comfortable there.

“I spent the most time with coach (Butch) Jones, coach (Kevin) Beard and coach (Larry) Scott”

The 6-1, 170-pound wideout from South Fort Myers High School said the message from Tennessee was clear.

“Their biggest message was to let me know that they want me and that they really need me,” Jones said. “They like my versatility. I can play inside and outside.”

After being in Knoxville on Tuesday, Jones is at South Carolina today completing a tour of schools that included the Vols, Florida, Alabama, Vanderbilt and the Gamecocks.

“Some of them kind of run together,” Jones said of the visits. “But you can see differences. The Florida visit was for a camp. So we didn't do tours and stuff like that. At Tennessee there wasn't a camp so we got a tour of things and we weren't tired when we were seeing stuff and talking to people on camps. It wasn't as hectic.”

With this week of tours over, Jones is heading back home for a few weeks before he and his mom take another tour of schools. The travel plans for that trip is not set yet, but it could include a return trip to Rocky Top.

“Right now, I'm just feeling things out. My mom and I are going to take some visits in July. After those visits I might cut my list of schools down.”

Jones' mother has already seen the Vols once, and according to Jones, his mom was impressed, too.

“She really likes it up there. She likes the coaches and how welcoming they were. She loved the facilities, she loved the academic support system.
”

Jones admits he's in no hurry to make a decision, but he knows what he's looking for in his future home.

“It's really about the people,” Jones offered. “I have seen that everyone has nice facilities and academic support. It's about the people. Could I see myself there without football? It has to have a family atmosphere. They have your best interest in mind instead of you just being a number.”

-- Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
Went to the South vs Naples game 2 years ago when Fils-Aime and Byrd were seniors. Jones was a sophomore at the time and very clearly stood out.

Was a threat to house it every time he touched it. He's explosive.

Reactions: 2 people
probably looking at a 4th star soon...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Offers are still coming in that put him at 29 offers currently. Offers from the Ducks, UGa, MichSt, Wisc, Arky look good as he gains more recognition. He should be a no-brainer 4* in the end. He's very quick and runs nice routes. Plus, it can't hurt to have Reid, Fils-Aime, and Byrd in his ear to join them. Oh, and Momma is impressed so there's also that.

Id really like to see our WR board.

Agreed. By accounts, we have one more spot open but we seem to be seriously pursuing a handful of guys. No clue how any of them are ranked by the team.

But like I've mentioned in another thread/question, Vols like Jeshaun Jones a lot, too. Could be first to commit gets the last WR spot.

-- Simonton

2. Jones balled out at FSU camp to earn offer. I have no idea about FSU's WR board or how many spots they have. I know they just got the kid from Georgia, but Jones is a totally different player. Ezzard is a strong, physical WR, but can't really run. Jones is slippery, really good route runner for a HS kid. Tennessee still a factor here, but the competition just got a lot harder. Instead of battling Oregon and USF, now a big dog enters the mix.

-- simonton

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back