'19 GA S Jalyn Phillips (Clemson Commit)

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
14_5084096.jpg

Lawrenceville, GA (Archer)
Safety
Ht 6-1
Wt 190
40 4.50
CLASS OF 19

247 - Jalyn Phillips, Archer, Safety

HUDL - Jalyn Phillips on Hudl

RECRUIT GEORGIA - <span style='text-transform:none !important'>Jalyn Phillips – S</span><br /><span style='color:#999; font-size:85% !important'>Archer</span>

OFFERS - AppSt, Army, ArkSt, Colorado, UConn, GeoSou, Illni, KSU, Marshall, Maryland, UMinn, NCSt, Oregon, Purdue, Tulane, UAB, Vandy, WesternCarolina, Vols

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
[twitter]https://twitter.com/jalyn_phillips/status/941097703731335168[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jalyn_phillips/status/950807140347928576[/twitter]

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt and Co capitalizing on the momentum bringing in all these defensive guys from GA. Remember Pruiit is who began to start building that fence around the state of GA before Smart. He has the connections

class of '19 safety jalyn phillips called his saturday unofficial visit to rocky top a great one.

“it was probably one of the top visits ever,” the 6-0, 170 pound phillips said. “coach pruitt bringing some new things there. I like the new coaching staff. He was recruiting me at alabama. When he was at bama we had a close relationship so everything should smooth at tennessee will him making the transition there.”

pruitt made it clear to phillips he was a priority for him at tennessee when he called him following the national championship game.

For the lawrenceville, georgia native, the relationship with pruitt is good and phillips credits it to the way pruitt recruits him. “he's straight up with you,” phillips said. “he's not going to lie to you. He's about his business. He's truthful and is real. That's important to me.”

phillips' trip to knoxville on saturday was his third and he sees a lot of positives with tennessee. “i liked them before, but knowing coach pruitt helps tennessee and they are rising right now,” phillips said. “i will most likely be back up for the spring game.”

- vq

Reactions: 5 people
In response to Taiyon Palmer naming us in his top 3

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jalyn_phillips/status/957803933610717189[/twitter]

Worth noting in relation to the above:

[twitter]https://twitter.com/coach_fis/status/955649587842375680[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jalyn_phillips/status/955650077422505985[/twitter]

19 for '19: Vols early wish list

Phillips is another talented and bigger corner at over 6 foot tall. Tennessee spent time in Archer High School in January trying to recruit Taiyon Palmer, who went to NC State. Phillips already has 40 offers. The Under Armour All-American has said that Oklahoma is out front. He is schedule to see the Sooners next weekend.

-VQ

Notes on Andrew Booth Jayln Phillips

Caught up with the two Peach State defensive backs today. Tennessee continues to trend upwardly with both prospects due to the extensive relationships on staff. Both said they will be back to watch a spring practice in a few weeks, while Phillps saying he also plans to attend the spring game. The two DBs have a who's who of offers, but Tennessee is selling early playing time hard. Will have full stories on both in the am.

-Simonton

Reactions: 5 people
“it was beautiful. Every time i come here, it’s a special time,” said phillips, who’s ranked the no. 353 overall prospect and no. 30 safety in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

“they’re definitely up there. After coming back twice, i definitely see what they’ve got going on and how coach pruitt is going to bring change here.” the 6-foot-1, 190-pound phillips said alabama, oklahoma and “definitely tennessee” are the teams currently standing out to him among his more than 40 scholarship offers. “those are about it right now,” he added, referring to the crimson tide, sooners and vols.

Phillips said he decided to go back to tennessee simply “to build a relationship with them” and get “closer with all the coaching staff.” he said he spent plenty of time with pruitt, new vols safeties coach charles kelly and cornerbacks coach terry fair. “it was a good time,” phillips said. “they were just giving me a heads-up, how they’re going to change around the program and everything, how everything’s going to work throughout spring practice and all that.”

after traveling to knoxville a couple of times during former tennessee coach butch jones’ tenure, phillips admitted the vols’ new staff is one of the main reasons he’s high on them. “they’ve got a stacked coaching staff now,” he said, “so i want to see what they’re going to do this season.”

phillips, who also visited alabama on jan. 27, said he’s “going to try to go to clemson” on saturday and “probably florida state” sometime after his visit with the tigers. And it might not be long before he makes the trip to tennessee again. “i’m going to come up here for a spring practice,” he said.

While a few teams already have caught phillips’ attention, he said he’s not planning to decide on a college any time soon. “probably signing day or after the season — sometime after my senior season,” he said.

Reactions: 3 people
Pruitt and Co capitalizing on the momentum bringing in all these defensive guys from GA. Remember Pruiit is who began to start building that fence around the state of GA before Smart. He has the connections

You have Pruitt, he is a good recruiter, he got lots of interest from kids that weren't interested in UGA prior to his arrival. But just like his first class at UT, he came in 2nd way too often and never sealed the deal with the elite guys. Kirby got everyone in Georgia he wanted except Lawrence, but getting Fields wasn't a too bad. He signed 7 of the top 10, missed on Lawrence and didn't recruit the other 2, could have had them too if he wanted them. But Kirby did manage to pull the top player from North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Illinois, which state did Pruitt get the number 1 prospect from?

You have Pruitt, he is a good recruiter, he got lots of interest from kids that weren't interested in UGA prior to his arrival. But just like his first class at UT, he came in 2nd way too often and never sealed the deal with the elite guys. Kirby got everyone in Georgia he wanted except Lawrence, but getting Fields wasn't a too bad. He signed 7 of the top 10, missed on Lawrence and didn't recruit the other 2, could have had them too if he wanted them. But Kirby did manage to pull the top player from North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Illinois, which state did Pruitt get the number 1 prospect from?

Are you comparing Smart's class at UGA after 2 years as HC vs. Pruitt's class at UT after 2 weeks on the job?

Reactions: 6 people
Are you comparing Smart's class at UGA after 2 years as HC vs. Pruitt's class at UT after 2 weeks on the job?

Nope, comparing how Pruitt recruited at UGA to what Kirby was dong at Bama. But if you want to compare Kirby's first year under the same circumstances he finished with a top 10 class, his first full class was number 3 and his second was number 1. UGA's roster is young, but is deeper than it has ever been. 18 is the year to beat UGA, otherwise it will be a long dry spell.

Nope, comparing how Pruitt recruited at UGA to what Kirby was dong at Bama. But if you want to compare Kirby's first year under the same circumstances he finished with a top 10 class, his first full class was number 3 and his second was number 1. UGA's roster is young, but is deeper than it has ever been. 18 is the year to beat UGA, otherwise it will be a long dry spell.
You realize all of your starters on defense except for one or two were players Pruitt recruited right?

For the thousandth time, what the hell are these people doing here. Go to YOUR TEAMS THREAD! We spend too much time arguing and bickering with ourselves, we don't need the extra loss in time with People (and I use that term loosely) that shouldn't be in here. It winds up being 3-4 pages of *****ing back and forth. This will be the last time I ask this as it seems I am one of the few it bothers, I just don't get it. Never will you see me on another teams forum. Time to make major use of the ignore feature I guess. JMO

Early signing period changed the game so comparing those classes isn't truly apples to apples. Also, with the talent in the state of GA if Kirby didn't land a top 10 class that would have been a failure so 9th place was just aight.

And long dry spell my ass, UGA doesn't scare UT, never has and never will. Hell, Butch Jones beat Richt and Kirby at UGA and he was a terrible game day coach. UGA might get Pruitt in his first season but I wouldn't bet on a W for your dawgs in Knoxville in 2019.

And another thing, know your place. This is a UT message board. Don't come into our house and put your feet up.

Why is it that UGA fans are the worst rival posters on VN? Almost all have been worthless and disrespectful.

Reactions: 6 people

You also realize he wasn’t the head coach at GA either. If kids didn’t believe in the saint after all those years of finishing second. Pruitt couldn’t overcome that.

You realize all of your starters on defense except for one or two were players Pruitt recruited right?

Really? He was hired a week before their signing day and gone a month before the rising jr signed, he was there for 1 full cycle, our sr class, by far the weakest class on the roster now, there will be 5 sr starters this fall. a CB, an OLB a DE, C and a WR.

Early signing period changed the game so comparing those classes isn't truly apples to apples. Also, with the talent in the state of GA if Kirby didn't land a top 10 class that would have been a failure so 9th place was just aight.

And long dry spell my ass, UGA doesn't scare UT, never has and never will. Hell, Butch Jones beat Richt and Kirby at UGA and he was a terrible game day coach. UGA might get Pruitt in his first season but I wouldn't bet on a W for your dawgs in Knoxville in 2019.

And another thing, know your place. This is a UT message board. Don't come into our house and put your feet up.

Why is it that UGA fans are the worst rival posters on VN? Almost all have been worthless and disrespectful.

I know it's a UT board, I have said many times Pruitt is an excellent coach, at the time I was hoping Kirby would have kept him for our DC and DB coach, but that didn't happen.

As for why we are disrespectful, mostly because UT fans feel they can come into Georgia and sign whoever they want, which was the case 20 years ago, not today. UGA lost 1 instate kid they wanted in 18, Lawrence who went to Clemson, but got the number 2 guy in the country, was going to miss on one of them regardless. The other 2 we didn't recruit, Johnson who came to UT and Vann who went to USC. Our roster is full of guys like Vann, wanted and Johnson wasn't high on the board, we signed 4 instate kids and 1 out of state kid who were higher on our board, flipping one from Bama and one from Michigan, who was really the best defensive player in the state in the 18 class.

I know it's a UT board, I have said many times Pruitt is an excellent coach, at the time I was hoping Kirby would have kept him for our DC and DB coach, but that didn't happen.

As for why we are disrespectful, mostly because UT fans feel they can come into Georgia and sign whoever they want, which was the case 20 years ago, not today. UGA lost 1 instate kid they wanted in 18, Lawrence who went to Clemson, but got the number 2 guy in the country, was going to miss on one of them regardless. The other 2 we didn't recruit, Johnson who came to UT and Vann who went to USC. Our roster is full of guys like Vann, wanted and Johnson wasn't high on the board, we signed 4 instate kids and 1 out of state kid who were higher on our board, flipping one from Bama and one from Michigan, who was really the best defensive player in the state in the 18 class.

Let's revisit this conversation after NSD 2019. My guess is Pruitt is going to sign quite a few of the top GA guys that Kirby, Saban, Dabo and Gus wanted.

For the second time since Jeremy Pruitt took over as Tennessee’s head coach, Archer (Ga.) defensive back Jalyn Phillips returned to Rocky Top to hang out with the new staff. The 3-star Peach State prospect is a top target for the Vols in the 2019 cycle, and Phillips told VolQuest that Tennessee is among the schools currently standing out to him. “Tennessee is up there,” Phillips said Saturday following the Junior Day on campus. “Tennessee, Oklahoma and Alabama are recruiting me (the hardest) right now.”

“It was all good meeting with coach Pruitt and the whole coaching staff. They’re changing things around here,” said Phillips, who holds more than 40 scholarship offers. “Those guys are really successful at what they’re doing, developing players.”

Despite playing most safety in high school, Tennessee is recruiting Phillips as a versatile defensive back. The Vols envision lining him up all over the secondary, with Fair serving as his main recruiter right now. “He hits me almost every day. He’s a cool guy,” Phillips said. “He’s going to keep it real with me all the time. Just him being honest with me is big. He played here and in the league, so he’s telling me things as a coach and as a player.”

Phillips recently dubbed Oklahoma as an early leader in his recruitment, but he said Tennessee is firmly in the mix now and he also plans on visiting Florida State, Georgia and Clemson this spring. He’ll be back in Tennessee later this spring for a practice and has penciled in a trip for the Orange & White Game on April 21, too. After each visit, including Saturday, Phillips takes some notes, chats with his coaches and parents and then outlines a list of “pros and cons with the university, the whole coaching staff and the players.”

So how does he plan to approach the process moving forward? “I’m just going to take my visits and focus on my books. I’m going to take all my official visits and then narrow things down later this season,” he said.

Despite visiting Tennessee a couple of times during Butch Jones’ tenure, Phillips’ interest in the Vols has grown considerably with coaching change. He believes UT’s new staff is capable of reclaiming the glory of the 1990s. “I feel like Pruitt is going to make it a winning program again,” Phillip said. “This coaching staff, they have many experiences winning championships. I just think they’re going to turn the whole thing around here at Tennessee.”

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back