'18 GA CB Jonathan Gipson

1615485.jpg

Jonathan Gipson

3* player, 6'1" 180lbs., CB, high school junior,
.8596 composite score, Mill Creek High School,
Hoschton, GA,
Class of 2018

Football Stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jon...EeW-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm

#52nd ranked CB & #563rd ranked recruit overall.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

UT offered on 3-25-17. Others schools that have offered to date are Auburn, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, South Carolina, West Virginia, UT, FSU, Oregon State, & Georgia State.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Last Saturday, Gipson was at Tennessee. Tuesday was Ohio State. Wednesday he was at Toledo. Thursday it was Cincinnati and Louisville. Friday was Indiana and Saturday was Purdue. Tennessee's interest in Gipson began with the arrival of new defensive backs coach Charlton Warren, who was recruiting Gipson when he was at North Carolina.

“(Warren) recruited me when he was at UNC. He actually saw me play a game,” Gipson said. “He likes that I'm long. He sees that I trust my skills. He thinks that I can play a lot of positions. I could play safety or corner. I can make plays down the field.”

“I had an image in my brain of what it would be. It wasn't what I thought it would be,” Gipson said. “They welcomed me with open arms. Players, coaches, fans all gave me a great vibe. It felt like home. It was different. “I thought it would going to be a country town. Everyone would be talking the same. It was different because the players made me feel that I was a part of the program already. They gave me great feedback. Most places you don't interact with the players. I got to talk to Nigel Warrior and Cam Sutton as well as some other guys.”

“Honestly, they do have a chance,” Gipson said. “Not every SEC will make my Top 5, but Tennessee stood out. It was a good visit and they have my major. I want to get a degree in architecture.

“Coach Warren and I are trying to find a day for me to get back down there. I hope to be able to make it down there for the orange carpet day which is in June. That sounds like a good event.”

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Committing Monday @ 3pm. Has us #1 in his Top 3 with USCe just behind us. Solid defensive back prospect.

If he picks us over USCe they will lose their friggin minds over there.

VN Store

Back