Loganville, GA
RR:
Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 185 lbs
Class: 2019

Ronald Thompkins, 2019 Running Back - Rivals.com

Ronald Thompkins, Grayson, Athlete

Ronald Thompkins - Hudl

Tennessee was the first school to offer and the Volunteers offered on January 12. That is a big first offer and it means a lot to him. "I have always told myself that I want to play in the SEC, so getting an offer from Tennessee, a school that plays in the SEC felt amazing," said Thompkins.

"I have been up there three or four times, so I know a lot about it. The facilities are beautiful, I like the coaches a lot and it is a top program. Them offering me first is pretty special." "They showed me they were really interested in me when they became the first school to offer me. They believe in me, they knew about me before a lot of schools and I like Tennessee."

"The SEC is just a top conference with a lot of power schools playing in it," said Thompkins. "You see a lot of top players, they play a lot of smash-mouth football, they send a lot of players to the NFL and there is great competition there.

"I like to run hard, I like the style of play in the SEC and that is why I would love to play in that conference one day."

-Rivals

He also has early offers from Auburn, LSU and FSU.

Reactions: 2 people
Even more amazing is that the kid and his parents allow his decision of where he will spend the next 4 years be decided by his HS coach.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jrthompkins5/status/939650556146143232[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jrthompkins5/status/940206151429275648[/twitter]

Reactions: 4 people
Thompkins: "The new coaches are full of energy and they have new thoughts and they see different ways to be successful. Just hanging out with the new staff getting to know everyone was my highlight of the visit. I feel like because coach Pruitt been with Alabama and Nick Saban that he already has the recipe to win."

-Rivals

Reactions: 3 people
Vol Recruiting Nugs – All of your Vol Recruiting needs

2019 four-star athlete Ronald Thompkins of Grayson High School in Loganville, GA. came away from the visit with the Vols atop his list of schools.

“UT is leading at this point,” Thompkins said. “The new coaching staff is the most exciting thing about UT , and I am excited to see what they can do this upcoming season.”

Thompkins, the former Florida State commit, plays offense and defense for the Rams, but is being recruited to Tennessee as a cornerback. The new staff re-offered Thompkins this past weekend.

The four star is listed as 5’11” 190 pounds and the No. 275 overall prospect in the 2019 class by 247.

Thompkins is the teammate of other Vol targets and weekend visitors Owen Pappoe, Kenyatta Watson, Kevin Harris, Wanya Morris and Kenyon Jackson.

Reactions: 9 people
“UT is leading at this point,” Thompkins said. “The new coaching staff is the most exciting thing about UT , and I am excited to see what they can do this upcoming season.”

Awesome news! Here's hoping we can put together a respectable 2018, continue the momentum, and land this kid and several of his teammates.

Reactions: 1 person
Top 4 of USCw, UT, Miss St and PSU...

Numerous schools have offered the 6-foot, 195 pound running back out of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson over the last few weeks with Georgia State, Minnesota and USC being the most recent. One of those has made his top four.

"Southern Cal was one of my dream schools growing up," said Thompkins. "Just seeing the type of atmosphere they play in and the amount of athletes they put in the NFL is amazing. How their players graduate at a high rate stands out too. "I was definitely waiting on that offer for a long time. Once they offered me, I got a chance to talk to the whole staff and they were already making plans for me to be at USC."

Joining the Trojans on Thompkins' favorites list is Mississippi State, Penn State and Tennessee. "I've been talking to coach [Charles] Huff since he was at Penn State and he has really been recruiting hard. He has been on me almost every day. He will send me motivation quotes just to get through the day and he checks on me and the family daily. "It is not only that, but Mississippi State has a great Business program that I have already looked into, so that stands out to me too."

"Penn State has a different feel and with the addition of coach [Ja'Juan] Seider makes it better," said Thompkins. "Our relationship is unbelievable. A lot of players there already reach out to me to tell about the school and I am looking into what have told me."

Jeremy Pruitt has taken over in Knoxville and he and his staff re-offered this Peach State running back. The Vols got Thompkins' recruitment started and that is something he will always remember. "Tennessee was my first offer, so I always had great feelings for Tennessee. They have the best fanbase ever and the atmosphere is electric. "I like how it is very close to home, too and the facilities are great and the campus is beautiful."

- Rivals

Reactions: 5 people
I wouldn't go as far as to say Tennessee is a runaway favorite or anything, but I definitely think it's possible the Vols are the team to beat at the moment. With that being said, he also picked up an offer from Alabama last night after naming his four finalists, and he's a former Florida State commitment, so that one isn't over.
Callahan

Yesterday's crystal ball was from Chris Nee.

Why would they reoffer? Did they take it away or something?

Good point that is odd. Same HC. New OC but he was on staff already. I guess the new OC part just reaffirming his offer despite change but I mean he was already on staff

VN Store

Back