Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)

Offensive Tackle

Ht 6-8 Wt 400

Daniel Faalele, IMG Academy, Offensive Tackle

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/182423

Daniel Faalele - Hudl

Vols offered. Want.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like he needs to trim down to an athletic weight. In all seriousness, that is a gigantic dude.

I know this will sound weird since he is 400 lbs and I'm not sure anyone can carry 400 lbs well, but he carries 400 lbs well lol.

Reactions: 1 person
He would need to lose a lot of weight if he's going to play tackle here.

He would need to lose a lot of weight if he's going to play tackle here.

I think the idea here being that it doesn't matter if you try to speed rush the edge around him, because he is so large it will take 5 seconds to run around him anyway.

They were talking about this dude yesterday on the radio.
Very lean for his size.
Never played football but all big time schools are wanting him, bama included.
They think his ideal playing weight after hitting the weight room and proper diet might be around 410 to 415.

I think they said he is from Australia, his family moved to Florida this past year.

Last edited:
Think someone mentioned the SI article earlier but I just stumbled across it today. For anyone interested:

Daniel Faalele has football coaches drooling before his first snap | SI.com

Seeing Faalele in the flesh can yield one of two radically different impressions: When he's by himself, he looks smaller than advertised because he's so well-proportioned; when he's alongside a normal-sized human being, he looks even more massive than his dimensions would suggest. It's as if someone fed the size of the ideal NFL offensive tackle into a 3D printer and set the output to 120%. The Ascenders stared as their coach walked over to chat and it became clear that this was one mountain of a person. "I was expecting a blob," recalls offensive lineman Curtis Dunlap, who's 6'5" and 370 pounds. "He's like a brick wall."

In one of Faalele's early practices Elder taught him to punch the pass rusher with both hands, then grab his chest. During a one-on-one drill that day, Faalele fired his hands to disrupt the lineman's charge. Then one hand disappeared inside the rusher's shoulder pads and the kid went limp. Sensing something wrong, Faalele let go and backed away. "He had grabbed [the defender's] collarbone," Elder says, shaking his head at the memory. Elder clarified: Seize the chest plate of the shoulder pads. "His hands are steel," Elder says. "If he gets them on you, it's over. Doesn't matter if he has good technique or bad technique, it's over."

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back