Lowndes High School, Valdosta, GA, .8577 composite score,
40 yd dash- 4.43
Shuttle- 4.46
Bench Press- 285
Squat- 465
Vertical- 34"

Class of 2018

Football Stats: Mike Barrett's (Valdosta, GA) Football Stats | MaxPreps

#19th Dual-Threat QB & #564th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

UT offered on 2-28-17. Other offers include East Carolina, LSU, Maryland, UCF, USF, West Virginia, Georgia Southern, & Georgia Tech.

40 at 4.43 can't be real though his vertical seems to match. Seems like a player you want even if he ends up playing say WR or CB.

Reactions: 1 person
40 at 4.43 can't be real though his vertical seems to match. Seems like a player you want even if he ends up playing say WR or CB.

That's what most teams are likely recruiting him to play, IMO, since he's only 5'11".

Eric berry was a qb in high school. He's 5'11. he'll play db or wr/rb. Probably should just be listed as an ath.

He is a pretty good QB. He is an excellent runner and a solid passer. Lowndes put up a GA playoff record 92 points in a game this year. He had 17 carries for 182 yards and three touchdowns. He also completed 14 of 22 passes for 236 yards and four touchdowns.

He threw for close to 3000 yards this year and ran for over 1000.

Reactions: 3 people
VALDOSTA, Ga. — Michael Barrett is a 6-foot, 208 pound athlete out of Lowndes High School. He lines up under center for his team, but he may play another position on the next level. He could play quarterback in the right system, he is built like a running back and he could play another skill position or two as well.

A lot of schools like him as a running back and he would love nothing more than to be that featured back, but the main thing to him is, just give him a chance to make plays.

"I would prefer to have the ball in my hands, that would be my only request, because I think that is best for me," said Barrett. "I want to have a chance to make an impact on the next level and I feel touching the ball gives me the best chance.

"I really don't care what position it is, but offense would be my choice. What matters most though is having the chance to get on the field, then having that chance at the NFL, so I will do whatever a school needs me too."

A school that just sent their star running back to the NFL is comparing Barrett to him and that school has his interest.

"Coach [Robert] Gillespie (running backs) at Tennessee tells me I could be the next Alvin Kamara there. He sees him in me and he feels I could be used in the same way in their offense, so that is pretty cool. I have seen them play and I know they got the ball to him a lot, so I like that.

"I have not visited Tennessee yet, but I would like to this summer if I can get up there. I have heard about their campus, I know they have a big stadium, so I want to check it all out."

Another school in the SEC is on his list too. LSU showed a lot of interest early in the recruting process, but it has not been as strong lately. That has not hurt them in Barrett's eyes.

"LSU has been one of the schools I have grown up watching. It is an SEC school, LSU is always good and they play great competition. It is a big-time program. I have not talked to them as much as the other schools, but I have a lot of interest in them."

A school a little farther away that has the attention of many in Georgia is standing out to the three-star athlete due to the names and the way they are recruiting him.

"Michigan is definitely one of my top schools," said Barrett. "I wasn't originally thinking about going that far away from home, but they are sticking out to me. I have not been up there, but the way they are recruiting me, Jim Harbaugh being a former NFL coach and it is a great program, so I am liking them more than I thought I would.

"I really want to get up there and see their stadium, their facilities and meet the coaches. I know Michigan will get an official visit. I like the way coach [Jay] Harbaugh (running backs) is recruiting me. He is always texting me, he will face-time with me some and he just talks with me about everything. He is really trying to get to know me."

Barrett currently sits at 18 offers and he does not have a true favorite at this time, but LSU, Michigan and Tennessee are the schools he is currently highest on. He grew up a Florida fan and the Gators are showing interest, but they have not offered. North Carolina and Rutgers could be close to offering.

He has not visited many schools yet, but he hopes to see a few this summer, then take his five official visits in the fall before making his decision.

"I will not be committing until at least after the season and I may even wait until signing day," said Barrett. "I just need to see more. I do not know enough about schools yet to commit, so I want to take my visits and then make my decision. It will definitely be after the season for me."

Playing time is very important to Barrett. Position is not as important, but he likes running back. He is looking for a system that can feature him and his skill set.

-- Simmons

We sold (albeit temporarily) Corbin on coming to TN by showing him film of Kamara and telling him that's how we'd use him. This kid, based on his measurables, seems like a better candidate for that role. Really think once we get him to visit us, he'll fall in love.

Gillespie floating Kamara comparisons a ton lately. Our Percy Harvin?

Why not flaunt what you have? Any one of these recruits could be better than kamara. If that's what gets them to pay attention so be it

Why not flaunt what you have? Any one of these recruits could be better than kamara. If that's what gets them to pay attention so be it

I agree about "if that's what gets them to pay attention". But better than Kamara? I don't think so. Kamara was criminally underused here. Imo, he was the 2nd coming of Charlie Garner. Another guy that had to fight for carries, with Stewart and Hayden. He should have been the main man from the get-go, as Kamara should have been. Garner still had over 2000 yards in 2 years, sharing those carries with Stewart and Hayden. But, in the long run, sharing carries for Garner, probably extended his pro career. I hope it does the same for Kamara

Reactions: 2 people
Hey Litaker, you could be the Alvin Kamara of the defensive line.

coaching staff, probably

I would type "LOL" but if I'm being honest, it was more of a quick, mostly quiet chuckle to myself.

Good post nonetheless.

Gillespie floating Kamara comparisons a ton lately. Our Percy Harvin?

Seems like it but technically they are trying to fill that role so makes sense. Urbans Percy comparison were out of control cuz he would tell someone that looks like Chubb they can be Percy or something. At least these are actually pretty similar style of players

Barrett was on campus for a visit this week I believe.

He's a potential option, too. UT is one of his top schools should he opt to play RB over QB in college. Hope to catch up with him sometime this week.

-Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
Seems like it but technically they are trying to fill that role so makes sense. Urbans Percy comparison were out of control cuz he would tell someone that looks like Chubb they can be Percy or something. At least these are actually pretty similar style of players

Yeah he told that to Van Jefferson. I immediately shook my head

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure if we are still recruiting him, but he is killing it so far this year. He was 12-14 passing for 195 yards and 2 yes. He also had 187 yards rushing on 13 carries. Lowndes put up 64 points against the #5 team in 7a.

I'm not sure if we are still recruiting him, but he is killing it so far this year. He was 12-14 passing for 195 yards and 2 yes. He also had 187 yards rushing on 13 carries. Lowndes put up 64 points against the #5 team in 7a.

I heard somewhere he will be at the UT-GT game as a Vol guest, hanging with all our state of Georgia commits. So, imo, UT is still recruiting him or at the least, keeping him around as a back-up option. Pretty sure, UT wants him as a RB. I like him at RB, wouldn't hurt my feelings if UT took him and moved Grant to LB

The Vols are set to play in front of top defensive end targets Adam Anderson and Richard Jibunor, as well as Caleb Johnson and Stanford commit Tobe Umerah. All four prospects are Peach State natives, and Anderson, Jibunor and Johnson all visited Tennessee this summer.

A number of Tennessee's 2018 commits will be in the house, too. All the Georgia guys — safety Trey Dean, new corner commit Jaycee Horn, running backs Anthony Grant and Lyn-J Dixon, wideout Jatavious Harris and defensive tackle Jamarcus Chatman — are set to attend, as is linebacker Matthew Flint, defensive tackle D’Andre Litaker, offensive lineman Ollie Lane and tight end Jacob Warren

Also set to attend Monday's game are 2018 tailback Michael Barrett, a prospect Tennessee recruited heavily before landing Dixon and Grant, and offensive lineman Jalen Goss, a teammate of Barrett who holds offers from Florida, Auburn, Michigan and Virginia Tech, among others.

-Rivals
https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/r...et-to-host-several-top-targets-commits-monday

Last edited:
Thanks VB. I have burned up a lot of brain cells but I was pretty sure Barrett was going to attend the UT-GT game and for once I was right. An imptessive win, couldn't hurt recruiting. I think UT puts on a show on Labor Day and has all the talking heads saying this team could win the East and all the recruits saying, "I can't wait to ball out for UT!" WGWTFA!

Congrats on being right for once.
😂

VN Store

Back