Wt: 184

Casey Thompson, Southmoore, Dual-Threat Quarterback
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/986
Casey Thompson, Southmoore HS QB - Scout
Casey Thompson - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Film:

Casey Thompson - Hudl

Reactions: 3 people
Top247 junior quarterback Casey Thompson of Southmoore High School in Moore, Okla., posted on his Twitter account that he received a scholarship offer Tuesday from Tennessee.

"Glory to God! Today I received an offer from the University of (Tennessee) #GoVols #RockyTop," he tweeted.

The 6-foot-1, 184-pound Thompson holds offers from more than 20 schools, including Texas, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Louisville and West Virginia.

- 247 (Callahan)

Evaluation

Thompson has a video gamesque highlight tape that is filled with big play after big play. That is why he was able to capture Sophomore of the Year honors in the Midlands region following a dominating 2015 year. He can beat you with his arm or his legs and is a dual-threat. He is a winner who plays with confidence on the field. We really like how he seems to have a natural feel for the pocket and will work within it to make a play down the field, even though he has the skills to get outside of it and make plays. He throws well on the run and when being pressured but is always a threat to tuck the ball and pick up yardage when he needs to. He is an accurate and consistent passer who can drop the deep ball right over the shoulder and into his receiver’s hands. - Greg Powers

Strengths

• Accuracy
  • Decision-making
  • Game Management
  • Playmaking Skills
Areas to Improve

• Size

- Per Scout

Reactions: 1 person
The four-star Southmoore (Okla.) quarterback recently released his Top 10 and will make a verbal commitment in May.
Tennessee recently jumped in the mix and has quickly turned into a true player in this recruitment. Thompson hopes to make it out to Tennessee in the near future.

“Tennessee had been recruiting me, and they finally decided to pull the trigger,” Thompson said. “I think it’s a good fit for me. It’s my first SEC offer. I really love what they have to offer and the offense. You see what they did with Joshua Dobbs.”
247sports

If he is wanting to make a decision in May, and has yet to visit us, probably not likely he commits here (at least in May).

I wonder if his height is a little concerning. I know he has a lot of good "offers", but knowing that schools usually list at least an inch over what they actually are and 6'1 is already pretty short for a QB...

I"d be ok with his commitment. Mobile with good film. I don't know the level of competition, but he had a good TD/INT last season.

VN Store

Back