'18 OH LB Xavier Peters

1616096.jpg

Xavier Peters

4* player, 6'4" 220lbs., LB, high school junior,
.9070 composite score, Lakota West High School, West Chester, OH,
Class of 2018

Football Stats: Xavier Peters' Football Stats | MaxPreps

#15th OLB & #247th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

UT offered on 2-28-17. Mr. Peters offers are now up close to 20 D1 offers to date.

Looks like he enjoyed his UT visit and wants to vist again, according to Scout. Kind of big and fast linebacker, we need. But, do we have a chance to get him ? Seems like the type of LB, OSU always gets, especially since he is an Ohio kid

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like he enjoyed his UT visit and wants to vist again, according to Scout. Kind of big and fast linebacker, we need. But, do we have a chance to get him ? Seems like the type of LB, OSU always gets, especially since he is an Ohio kid

No osu offer. Not sure he gets one based on who osu is hoping to get.

Have to believe that helps our chances. Scout has the X-Man as the number 1, inside LB. Want ! No matter what the Buckeyes think

Agree. Looks like a great prospect. Rumor is osu wants him to camp this summer and he is (supposedly) going to do that.

He's OSU bound if they offer, if not then Kentucky. Lakota West is a strange school with how they go about their kids being recruited. A lot of influencial coaches and families who push kids to certain schools and right now Kentucky if the flava of the month there.

Reactions: 2 people
How does that work? What flavor would Kentucky be? Blue Balls?

I'll never get how UK can have a recruiting strong hold anywhere. Why would you steer a kid there as opposed to say UT or Penn State?

I'll never get how UK can have a recruiting strong hold anywhere. Why would you steer a kid there as opposed to say UT or Penn State?

Marrow Is their main recruiter in Ohio. He has deep roots in Ohio and is by all reports an excellent recruiter overall.

They have made a living in Ohio over the last few cycles getting kids osu doesn't offer or want.

I have no idea either. The only place they have been able to get into has been Ohio. It's not like that for them anywhere else. I can't figure it out at all because Stoops has not proven to be a good coach at all up to this point, plus they've had an extremely high attrition rate among Ohio kids since he's been there. Just a few years ago they had a class where they signed 11 Ohio kids and 7 have already left the program.

op247 linebacker Xavier Peters of West Chester, Ohio, spoke highly Sunday of his visit to Tennessee nearly a month ago. He said he was particularly impressed by the Vols’ facilities, and he likes what he has heard from Tennessee linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen since getting an offer from the Vols in late February. He said he’s hearing from Thigpen on a regular basis, and he’s already hoping to visit Tennessee again at some point. Kentucky currently is believed to be the favorite to land Peters, who also visited Alabama and Kentucky with teammate Tyler Bentley, a three-star defensive tackle, during the April road trip that took them to Knoxville.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 4 people
He's OSU bound if they offer, if not then Kentucky. Lakota West is a strange school with how they go about their kids being recruited. A lot of influencial coaches and families who push kids to certain schools and right now Kentucky if the flava of the month there.

You called this one,with Ky, but maybe, our tradition and facilities will overcome, that pipeline. I like this kid's film and size, plus we need LBs

From Elivol on VQ...

Thx for the shout out. I have not heard anything since my nugget on Lawless. I do know they feel very confident with Litaker and Emerson. I got a feeling Martinez commits this week. That is just my opinion.

I also was told this which surprised me. We are only taking one LB in this class. There are 19 LBs on the board and we are taking one unless some highly ranked stud wants in and we can't say no. They are very happy with the LB class of 2017.

I will probably get roasted for the LB comment but that is what I was told.

I was told that a kid from around Cincinnati was at the top of the list. I have no idea who that would be.

You called this one,with Ky, but maybe, our tradition and facilities will overcome, that pipeline. I like this kid's film and size, plus we need LBs

Yeah, they have no shot with him. I know how Lakota West operates. It's already decided where he's going if OSU doesn't offer.

VN Store

Back