high school junior, .9249 composite score,
Carter High School, Dallas, TX,
40 yd dash- 4.64
Shuttle- 4.50
Bench Press- 320
Squat- 460
Vertical- 33"
Class of 2018

#8th DE(weak-side) & #184th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

Football Stats: Jarell Cherry's Football Stats | MaxPreps

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

Evaluation

Jarell Cherry is an athletic edge rusher prospect who could potentially play an even-front end or odd-front hybrid outside linebacker at the Power Five conference level. Cherry has primarily played an odd-front end covered up in high school, but he will be at home as a true edge defender in college. Cherry's atheticism also means that there's a chance he could play an outside linebacker position in a 4-3 defense. He's a sprinter during track season and his natural athleticism is one of his best attributes as a prospect. He'll need to add bulk and strength, but possesses the frame to do so. He's also very raw technically, but that means his ceiling should be high as he projects to the next level. Cherry is a high-major prospect who should gradually add more P5 offers. -- Gabe Brooks

Strengths

• Athleticism
  • Backside Pursuit
  • Speed
Areas to Improve

• Tackling Ability
  • Techniques and Moves
Bio

2016: As a junior, Cherry recorded eight tackles for loss and five sacks primarily playing end in an odd-front scheme.
2015: Cherry recorded seven sacks during a breakout sophomore season.

UT offered on 2-27-17. Mr. Cherry has well over 20 D1 offers to date.

Haha huh huh... He said "backside pursuit". Haha huh huh

11915_o.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I remember back in the day 6'3" 230 you were an inside linebacker. Now it's almost always DE.

Oh, I was 6'3" 235 coming in my freshman year. I couldn't imagine being a DE. Lol

Four-star junior defensive end Jarell Cherry of Carter High School in Dallas posted on his Twitter account Monday night that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

"The Lord is really presenting me with the best opportunities. I have just received an offer from The University of Tennessee," Cherry tweeted.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Cherry holds offers from at least 18 schools, including Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Michigan, Ole Miss, Oregon, Baylor, Texas Tech, UCLA and Utah.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 1 person
Everything has changed so much in the last 27 years it's incredible. I love to hear people talk about those big fat slob offensive lineman. Most of those fat slobs can outrun normal men all day long. That's at 6'5 or so and over 300lbs. It's crazy!!

Everything has changed so much in the last 27 years it's incredible. I love to hear people talk about those big fat slob offensive lineman. Most of those fat slobs can outrun normal men all day long. That's at 6'5 or so and over 300lbs. It's crazy!!

Yeah man, my nephews 6-2 260 and turns 16 next month...squats 450+ and power cleans 275..i cant mess with him anymore...damn house

I right wiggle, 26 switchblade For the state championship. I love all of yall, baby. I love all yall

VN Store

Back