'18 GA DE Jamarcus Chatman (Former UT commit 6/25/17)

1615856.jpg

Jamarcus Chatman

3* player, 6'3" 261lbs., DE, high school junior,
.8852 composite score, Rome High School, Rome, GA,
Class of 2018

#14th DE(strong-side) & #359th ranked recruit overall in the 2018 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

UT offered on 2-23-17. This recruit has close to 30 D1 offers to date. Spent most of last season injured but still had 2.5 sacks in the two games he played.

UT offer was HUGE for him, Very high on the Vols. UT was his first SEC offer, it won't be his last. Ranking will go up, he will be a 4 star across the board. Rome is loaded with talent, has other teammates that are SEC level players, getting him will help with the others on his team. He will end up top247 IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wouldn't be surprised if he committed soon. As I said, TN is in a good spot for him. I'd be surprised if he didn't pick Tn (as of today). Also, I'll still hold my hat that he ends up top247. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Wouldn't be surprised if he committed soon. As I said, TN is in a good spot for him. I'd be surprised if he didn't pick Tn (as of today). Also, I'll still hold my hat that he ends up top247. :hi:

ill-allow-it-gif.gif

He's gotten 10 offers in as many days. Bud Foster and VT offered so that speaks volumes in my book.

ill-allow-it-gif.gif

He's gotten 10 offers in as many days. Bud Foster and VT offered so that speaks volumes in my book.

Alabama will offer at some point, they invited him over last weekend. Headed to Georgia in March.

"LSU DL commits Jamarcus Chapman Ja'Quan Griffin were on campus and LOVED their first visit to UT. Chapman and Griffin both have families ties here too. This one could get interesting."

-Simonton

Reactions: 7 people
"LSU DL commits Jamarcus Chapman Ja'Quan Griffin were on campus and LOVED their first visit to UT. Chapman and Griffin both have families ties here too. This one could get interesting."

-Simonton

I didn't realize he was an LSU commit. In the post above yours they didn't make his top 10.

-Simonton

I didn't check anywhere else in the thread, but does anyone know who the family ties are?

There is a big name associated with these two. LSU offered Jaquon Griffin to get one other guy, Adam Anderson. All 3 are teammates and LSU offered all 3 if they would commit at their FNL event. Without Anderson, Griffin has no offer. Look at his offers, he will never play in the SEC.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jaquon-Griffin-90985

TN offered Griffin this week and has jumped in it for Griffin/Chatman but the prize is Anderson. If Tn can pull Griffin, they will get Anderson as well. I don't think Anderson will stick with LSU (too far) and I think Tn would be a good fit (willing to take JG and a lot closer to home).

These two offers are huge but make no mistake, eyes are on Anderson. Is he worth two schollies? Imho, YES

http://247sports.com/Player/Adam-Anderson-89276

I think Tn just positioned themselves for a flip.

Reactions: 5 people
THE SKINNY — Tennessee definitely made a big move with the LSU defensive line commit today.

Chapman was a surprise visitor.

The Vols were Chapman’s first SEC offer and finally getting him on campus was key. This is a future flip watch.

“I heard it was a nice stadium and campus I just had to come up and visit. … It was awesome. Everything. Awesome. All the coaching staff showed that they really wanted me.”

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people
Correct. Vols were first SEC offer for Chapman. They've been trying to get him on campus all spring. The offer to his best friend certainly helped.

Chapman has a few family members who graduated from Tennessee.

I saw this DT dominate at the Georgia Rising Seniors event in December. Far and away outplayed former 5-star Justin Mascoll.

Will be interesting to see how UT views Griffin. The kid is super small, IMO. Not sure there's room for both here, but Tennessee will push all out for Chapman as another DT or hybrid DE.

-Simonton

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back