'19 VA CB Tayvion Land(VT De-Commit on 2-1-17)

1603740.jpg

Tayvion Land

4* player, 5'8" 160lbs., CB, high school sophomore,
Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School, Virginia Beach, VA,
Shuttle- 4.43
Vertical- 29.5"

Class of 2019

#3rd CB & #66th ranked recruit overall in the 2019 class.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

UT offered on 12-9-16. Other offers for Mr. Land are Maryland, NC State, & VT to date. Schools showing interest to date are LSU & Clemson.

Last edited:
short corners have had no success under Butch. even with a couple new coaches seem like we are going after taller ones. and 5'-8" is short short.

Passengers will please fasten your seat belts and return the stewardess to her upright and locked position.
We are about to Land.

You know what I was saying Kristy*. Pig was a really good short WR so Land could end up being a good short CB. :)

A short WR doesn't have to cover tall guys. The position prerequisites are not interchangeable. 5'-8" is really short. An accurate passer could throw over his head all day.

Reactions: 3 people
A short WR doesn't have to cover tall guys. The position prerequisites are not interchangeable. 5'-8" is really short. An accurate passer could throw over his head all day.

I was mostly just messing around with ya. :p We've had short CB's in the past that have performed pretty well so it's not like it can't happen. I watched about 8 minutes of film on him & seems to me he plays the tall WR's just fine. He also looks back for the ball while in coverage which is something we don't seem to teach very well at UT. Well, he's already been taught that. Thanks.

Kristy speak truth! Short CB...no want! :aggressive:

Depends on his vertical and physicality. I mean if he's covering an athletic 6'5 guy then yeah. But if he has the quickness and speed, he could play nickel.

Guys this kid is 16, think maybe he could grow a bit?

Smh fretting over 2019 KIDS.

Shouldn't be allowed to vote IMO. Even IF he could reach the ballot!

Hampton Roads area is a hot bed for really talented kids. Would love to make an in road back in there. Lived in Virginia Beach for 8 yrs. and my two daughters went to Ocean Lakes High School. My youngest graduated same class as Justin Hunter.

VN Store

Back