• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

'19 GA DE Rashad "Bubba" Cheney

1616848.jpg

Rashad "Bubba" Cheney

6'4" 256lbs., DE(strong-side), high school sophomore,
Washington High School, Atlanta, GA,
40 yd dash- 5.0
Squat- 240
Class of 2019

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

No star ranking available yet for this recruit.

UT offered on 2-17-17. Offers right now from Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, & UT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shortest. Thread. Ever.

You.Ain't.Kidding.Either. :p Georgia offered him on Wednesday & here 4 days later he commits. That was his dream offer so he took it & ran. Don't think there will be any decommit coming from this kid either so thread should now be DEAD!

“My given name is Benjamin Beauford Blue, but people call me “Bubba”. Just like one o’ them ol’ redneck boys; can you believe that?”

Reactions: 3 people
Dude needs to hit the weight room hard. My arms are bigger than his and he has 45 pounds on me.

He just wants to clear his mind and make the best decision for his future.

"I have been thinking about this for a while. When I committed, I was just so happy because I had the offer, but I did not really think everything through.

"Georgia is where I am from, it is the school I grew up cheering for and I just did not think about how important the decision was before I committed.

"At the end of the day, this is a business decision for my future. I have to make sure I go to the right school for me. Maybe it is Georgia if they still recruit me, but I just need to look around and make sure of things."

Cheney has no favorites and his recruitment is completely open to all schools at this time. He is going to now take visits as an uncommitted prospect and evaluate all of his options thoroughly.

-Simmons

Reactions: 1 person
Processed?
He's being recruited over. Cheney is pretty good and pretty versatile. He committed to Bama on April 5. Since then they landed a NT type and two very good (better) DEs. And they'll likely land 2-3 more DL better than him. He's not feeling good about his chances of seeing the field early with that kind of DL haul. He's got good atleticism and upside, but he'll need some S&C and technique coaching to be effective vs top SEC OLs. SCe was recruiting him pretty heavily in the spring.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back